Chapter Sixty-Two

A/N I don't really know how to start this. Well, what I want to say is Thank you! Thank you all so, so much. This book has gotten huge, and i really don't know how 107K of you want to read my, to be honest, awful writing, about a subject that's probably been written about hundreds of times before.

I know my updates have been rather random, And it's been quite awhile since i last updated, so i apologize for that. I've been stuck on this certain chapter for ages, so it might not be the greatest. 

This was originally going to be in Erratum's view, but i believe it suits Error's more. Plus, we haven't had a chapter from his perspective in a while.

(Warning: I'm bad a writing anything that's meant to convey emotion, so sorry for what your about to read. I also apologize for it being shorter than usual)

Anyway, enjoy :)

Error sighed and looked down to his hands, that were laying still in his lap. It was late, and both of his kids were fast asleep. He was deep in thought, thinking about all that had happened in the past months, with a large frown on his face.

He thought about Erratum, another version of Error- of himself (He still loved him though, so why hadn't he told him that? he didn't care! But something just wouldn't let him tell Erratum and he didn't know why).

And then there was his son, Paperjam. He was trying to look okay, like nothing was wrong. He was fooling nobody, especially him. He was his father, he knew when something was wrong, but Paperjam just wouldn't let him help, because of his stupid goddamn pride.

(a trait Error knew he got from himself)

He was a mess, and it was not only affecting his ability to help his son (He was nineteen- he didn't need to feel like this) but it was also upsetting Gradient, and if he couldn't protect them then what the hell could he do?

He was startled out of his self-pitying thoughts by a terrified, high pitched scream. It took him a second to process what he had heard, that it wasn't his imagination, and then he bolted out of his chair, heading for the stairs.

Once he reached the top, he could see the soft light of Gradient's and Paperjam's room, It was obvious it was from one of the lamps, and not the main light, as it barely shined into the hallway. He raced in, finding the sight of Gradient and Paperjam, both now wide awake. "what's wrong?" Error asked, trying to not show how much the scream had scared him.

Paperjam, who didn't even seem to notice him, was sitting up, still on his bed. Gradient however, was holding Paperjam, looking just as panicked as Error felt. "Dad- I don't know what's wrong with him" Gradient whispered, obviously still tired. 

Error walked up to both of them, and sat on the bed. He faced Paperjam, and held both of his hands lightly. "Paperjam, It's okay, your at home" Error said softly. "You've had a nightmare. That's all it is, okay? It's just a dream" Error added.

Paperjam looked up at him, "dad?" He questioned. Error nodded, "yeah PJ, It's me" Error replied. Paperjam's shoulders shook, as he started to sob. Error brought Paperjam closer to him, and hugged him. "I was so scared" Paperjam cried, rolling into himself. Error frowned, and hugged him tighter, "It's okay, I'm here now" Error said quietly.

The sad thing was, he wasn't sure if he was talking to himself, or Paperjam.

The next day, he was woken up to the sound of his phone going off. he crawled out of his bed, which still had two sleeping skeletons inside it, and grabbed his phone, looking at who was calling him this early.

He answered the phone, and in a quiet, but obviously annoyed tone, he asked, "Nightmare, mind telling me why your calling me this early?" Nightmare scoffed, and as Error walked out of the room, he said, "It's three you idiot, your lucky it's Sunday" Nightmare barked back, though, it was obvious he was concerned slightly.

Error sighed, and then replied, "Rough night, that's all" Error looked back to the door of his room, and frowned. There was a small 'oh' of realization from Nightmare's end, "Well, have you talked to Erratum yet?" Nightmare asked, sharply changing the conversation.

Error didn't reply to that, earning himself a string of rather fowl words. "Are you serious?" Nightmare questioned, Error scoffed, "Don't give me that! like your any better at this stuff!" Error replied. 

"I'm not the one who hasn't talked to their fiancé for a whole month" Nightmare snapped back. Unable to reply to that, Error decided to say nothing. Nightmare sighed angrily, "Your not even upset at it anymore, what the hell are you waiting for? a sign?" Nightmare asked sarcastically. 

Error huffed, "yeah, a sign might be nice" Error replied, equally sarcastic. Nightmare, who seemed to decide to ignore Error's remark, said, "well, what do you think's gonna happen if you decide to say nothing, huh?" Nightmare asked.

Luckily, (Or unluckily, Error wasn't too sure) Gradient decided to enter the kitchen at that moment, giving him an excuse to say nothing. "Dad?" Gradient said questioningly, "who is that?" He asked. 

Error turned around, and smiled at him. "Just Nightmare, you hungry?" Error asked. Gradient nodded, and went to go and sit. "Well Nightmare, I've got to go" Error said, happily. Nightmare scoffed, "Don't think I don't know what you're doing" Nightmare growled out. Error smiled, "I have no idea what you're talking about!" Error replied, "You can't ignore your problems forever Erro-" Error cut him off, "Have a nice day! Talk to you later, okay?" Error responded, hastily ending the call.

Gradient looked at him, with a look that resembled some mixture of confusion and amusement, confusment. Error looked back at the door Gradient appeared from, questioning if he should wake Paperjam up.

As if thinking about him made it happen, Paperjam appeared out of the door a few seconds later. The closest, and nicest way Error could describe him at the moment was that he looked like a zombie, his eyes looking more tired than Nightmare's on a bad day. Error gave him a soft smile, "Good morning PJ" Error greeted him.

Paperjam smiled back, "Hey" He replied, "what's for breakfast?" Paperjam asked. Gradient nodded, "yeah, what do we have?" he asked. Error grinned, "what about pancakes?".