Chapter Five

Erratum arrived back at Blue and Ink's House and opened the already unlocked door. Once he entered, Blue saw Erratum instantly, "oh! Erratum! your back!" He announced, "you were gone quite awhile, did you enjoy yourself?" He mentioned, Erratum nodded, "ERrOR is QUiTE FUn TO Be aroUnD," he Stated happily, blue grinned, "That's great! i know you said no last time, but are you sure you don't want dinner?" Blue asked, he shook his head, "No tHANk yOu BlUe I'll Be FIne wiThOut it" he told him, he frowned a little, "Okay... i'll put some in the fridge in case you get hungry" He told him, Erratum nodded "OkAY blUe I'lL rEMeBER tHat" he said as he walked over to his room.

Once Erratum entered his room, he once again sat in the same position he had sat in ever night before, and started to knit. He started to knit a very familiar skeleton, who went by the name Nightmare. After a few hours, he finished the puppet, "DaMnIt, I mIsS YoU" he said to himself, looking at the small puppet of his friend. He remembered his last encounter with him sadly.

You suddenly heard multiple portals open, You looked over to where you heard the sound and saw your friends. you smiled painfully at them, your closest friend, someone you consider as a brother, realized your plan, "DONT YOU DARE ERROR!" He screamed angrily, You only smiled again, You took another step, looked at him, and whispered, "i'm sorry" The last thing you saw was his mortified face as you fell into the never ending dark void.

Erratum suddenly heard a knock at his door, "CoMe In" he voiced, A second later, Blue appeared from the door, "shouldn't you be asleep, Erratum?" Blue asked in concern, Erratum shook his head, "I'Ll gO To beD sOOn doNt WORry" Erratum lied, Blue looked at him funny, "If Your sure... anyway, Nightmare told me to give this to you" He gave him a photo. Erratum looked at it dumbfounded, "WHeRe- no, HOW dId He GeT tHis?" Erratum asked, Blue shrugged, "i don't know, he said something about finding it on his desk and your face being the only one he recognized," Blue replied truthfully, Erratum stared at the photo, "telL HiM I SAId tHAnK YOu" blue nodded, "okay, i will... who are they anyway?" He asked, Erratum continued to stare at the photo, "My Family" Erratum whispered, Blue nodded, seeing as he wouldn't say anymore about it, "Goodnight Erratum" He said as he closed the door. Erratum flipped the photo over to it's back, where there was a message,

Happy anniversary Error!

Erratum sighed sadly, He put the photo on the desk next to his bed and laid down, no longer feeling like knitting, He put his arm over his eye-sockets and mumbled, "DAmNiT".

After a few hours, It was morning, and like usual, Erratum went from knitting, laying down, or staring into space, until He heard a knock at his door, "hey! Erratum, get ready!" Ink's muffled voice shouted, Erratum sighed, and then he got ready. They once again drove to the school, said their goodbyes, and then headed of to their classrooms. Erratum found everything quite boring after all the fun he had with Error, He seemed to just make everything more fun, which Erratum found very strange.

Erratum, was in what the kids could only call, a foul mood. Of course, he was still nicer then half the teachers on their nice days, but you could tell the difference. He wasn't taking his mood out on the students, but rather the blanket he was making, Which now was reduced to a horrid mess. It was also quite obvious from the way he was talking, it was a much more fed up sound, and almost sad in a way, and overall, the students were more worried about him then anything else. Even though it was only his third day of teaching all of them, all of the class could proudly state that Erratum, was in fact, was probably the most kind and understanding teachers they have had in years, even if he was a bit blunt at times.

And so, the children, or mainly, Paperjam, Dust, Killer, Horror, Fresh and Undyne, wanted to help. The rest of the students, as much as they wanted to help, were rather to scared to feel Nightmares wrath if caught, were to busy, or felt like the six of them could do it on there own. Students such as Alphys and Papyrus were helping too, but not so much just in case they were caught. So them two were only helping when it came to small things.

The first thing they had to go by, was the time scale from when it started, "o-okay, so, He w-was fine yes-yesterday, so- so something must o-of happened between t-the span o-of four o'clock yesterday, a-and six a-am today" Alphys explained, Undyne cheers, "sweet alphys! we got something to go on!" She praised, Paperjam piped up, "My dad and Erratum hanged out with each other yesterday, and he arrived back at around 7-ish" He informed the rest of them, "okay, so, let's start with mr. Error" Dust said.

Paperjam, Undyne and Killer all headed down to the P.E track at lunchtime, Once they reached there, Error was sitting on one of the benches, eating a sandwich. Paperjam walked over to his father, Undyne and Killer following shortly behind. "hey dad!" Paperjam shouted, Error looked up to see the three of them, "Hey PJ, what do you want?" error asked, finishing his sandwich. Paperjam responded quickly, "i wanted to know what you did with mr. Erratum yesterday" He replied, somewhat telling the truth, Error looked at Paperjam, eyeing him, then responded, "We had some coffee, then played tennis" Error replies simply, "Nothing happened that would warrant a bad mood?" Paperjam asked, Error shook his head, "He seemed to be having fun... why?" Error asked in concern, Paperjam waved his concern away, "oh nothing, just curious," Paperjam responded, "What happened after that?" Paperjam asked, "I Dropped him off back at Mr. Blue's and Mr. Ink's House" He replied, Paperjam gave him a confused look, "why?" He asked, Error quickly replied, "He lives with them" Error stated simply, Paperjam nodded, "thanks dad, bye dad!" then the three of them ran back to Dust, Horror, Fresh and Alphys.

"So, something must of happened between 7 PM and 6 AM," Alphys said, Undyne responded, "yeah! and it most likely happened where ever Mr. Blue and Mr. Ink live" She stated, Paperjam nodded, "yeah, we have to question them, is anyone close-ish with Mr. Ink or Mr. Blue?" Paperjam asked, Dust spoke up, "i'm kinda close with both of them..." He revealed, Paperjam nodded, "Okay, anyone else?" He asked, Fresh spoke up, "Apparently Ink drives Lust back to his house every day, we could ask for his help" He voiced, Paperjam nodded, "okay, let's find Lust".

talking to Ink was a waste of time, They managed to get Lust to help, but Ink didn't know anything useful, saying that he barely saw him yesterday, even though they live together. so after that, they headed off to the cooking classrooms. Blue was in there, Cleaning the dirty dishes from last lesson, "Hello Mr. Blue" Dust greeted, Blue looked up and grinned, "Hello Dust! is there anything you need?" He asked, Dust nodded, "actually, there is" He said shyly, Blue left what he was doing and focused his attention on Dust, "okay! what do you need?" He questioned, "You see, Mr. Erratum seems quite sad... and we wer- i mean, i was wondering if you knew why" Dust responded, Blue thought for a bit, "Oh! i gave him this photograph of him and a bunch of other people, He seemed quite sad while looking at it. thinking about it now actually, one looked really similar to you, what a coincidence huh?" He asked, Dust thought for a minute, "how did you get the picture?" He asked, Blue responded quickly, "Nightmare found it on his desk, he told me to give it to Erratum since his face was the only one he could recognize" Blue answered, Dust nodded, "Thank you Mr. Blue!" Dust smiled bashfully, "no problem Dust, have a nice day!" and with that, Dust went back to the group.

After Dust said everything Blue told him to the rest of the kids, Paperjam sighed, "how are we going to get information out of Mr. Nightmare! he's like, like a... a.." Paperjam paused, not knowing the right word, Killer spoke up, "well, doesn't Cross live with both him and Mr. Dream?" Killer mentions. Paperjam beams, "okay! any of you friends with him?" He asked, Both killer, dust and Horror say yes, "Okay! let's go and talk to Cross!".