Chapter Fifty-Four

(*Edited*)

Paperjam tapped his foot on the floor impatiently. He was in music class, so he couldn't even spy on Emilio some more, as they didn't share the same music class. Luckily for him though, it was his last lesson for today, so he didn't have to wait that long.

Paperjam sighed. He didn't even have anyone to talk to, as the only people he actually payed attention to in this class where Chara; a strange, rather creepy kid, and Papyrus; Someone  who acted half his age, which infuriated Paperjam more than he expected.

Paperjam's tapping got louder, gaining the attention of their teacher, Mr. Dream. "Paperjam" Mr. Dream's voice spoke up, "Are you finding my lesson that boring?" Mr. Dream asked, frowning.

Paperjam refrained from scowling. Mr. Dream had a concerned look on his face, but Paperjam could practically feel the sarcasm in the sentence. Paperjam looked away, "No Mr. Dream" Paperjam replied. 

Paperjam felt himself shiver, finding Mr. Dream at this moment, rather frightening. 

Mr. Dream's usual smile returned, "That's good, I don't want to bore you" Mr. Dream spoke. Paperjam smiled back, but by the time Mr. Dream returned to the front, It was long gone. 

Paperjam groaned, looking at the clock, "Hurry up..." Paperjam muttered.

"Oh my god, I think that was the longest lesson of my life!" Killer groaned, leaning against a locker. Dust rolled his eyes, "No, It was still only a single hour" Dust replied, "But I know what you're saying" Dust continued. "Yeah, I usually enjoy Music, but I couldn't stand it today" Undyne groaned, shuffling her bag. Fresh snorted, "Don't you have a D, in music? you can't be enjoying it that much" Fresh remarked. 

Undyne glared, turning slightly red, "Hey! It's a D+, and you don't need to enjoy it to get good grades!" Undyne exclaimed. She then looked at Paperjam, and smirked, "And don't point fingers at me, Paperjam has a D in music!" Undyne shouted. 

Paperjam gave her a betrayed look. "A D's a D" Fresh remarked, "It doesn't matter if you've got a plus on the end of it" Fresh added. Dust sighed, "Forget all that, we have a mission, remember?" Dust chastised his friends.

The five of them walked towards the direction of the cluttered art room, but were interrupted by Paperjam's dad, Mr. Error. "Hey kid, you heading off now?" Mr. Error asked, smiling. Paperjam nodded, "yep, Just grabbing something before I do" Paperjam replied, smiling nervously.

Mr. Error nodded, "Do you want me to pick you up?" Mr. Error asked. Paperjam rapidly shook his head, "nah! you know how much I love to walk, and run and.. stuff" Paperjam frantically replied. Mr. Error frowned, "But you hate exercise" Mr. Error responded, confused. 

Dust coughed, and smiled at Mr. Error, "what Paperjam means.." Dust started, slightly glaring at Paperjam, "Is that Undyne- ow" Dust hissed, getting kicked by said monster. Killer laughed nervously, "By that, It just means that Paperjam wants to work on his... physical health! yes!" Killer exclaimed. 

Mr. Error stayed silent, before grinning, "Okay PJ, Don't be too late" Mr. Error told Paperjam. Paperjam nodded, "yeah, okay dad" Paperjam replied. The five children watched the older skeleton walk away, and then all of them made a collective gasp of relief.

"Paperjam, you're such a bad liar" Dust breathed out. Paperjam glared, "Like you were any better" He responded. Dust glared at Undyne, "No I'm not, That was Undyne's fault" accused Dust. Undyne scoffed, rolling her eyes, "Maybe you shouldn't blame me next time" She responded curtly.

Killer sighed, "Forget it, lets go" Killer spoke, "Yeah guys, It's already 3:25, If we don't hide now, someone might question it" Fresh agreed.