Chapter Thirty-Six

Horror led Emilio down the hall, and into the 3rd food tech classroom. The classroom itself was quite bare, and only had the basic equipment needed for a lesson. There was a total of 10 ovens in the classroom, and since there was only a total of 12 people in the classroom, the majority of the students didn't share a oven.

Horror put his bag into a small shelf, it barely fitting. Emilio repeated this act, but his smaller bag managed to fit into the shelf. Grabbing two aprons, Horror threw one over to Emilio, making the skeleton move his arms in a frenzy trying to catch it. 

With both of their aprons on, the two skeletons stood by the oven labeled with an '8', which was right next to the door, waiting for their teacher. Five thirty seconds later, Blue came out of a door, one different to the two boys used, his apron already on.

Blue grinned at the class, "Hello kids, how's your day been?" Blue asked. There was a collective murmur, and only a kid, named chaos, answered properly. Ignoring the lack of reply, as if it was a common thing, Blue passed around a A4 sheet of paper. Once he gave each kid one, which left only one for himself, he continued, "Today we'll be making sauce, so turn your stove on. He told the children. 

As it turned out, most of the kids didn't have culinary talent. While Horror and Emilio managed to make the sauce, and Lust had managed to make one that was half decent, the rest of the class didn't have much luck. Snowdrake had somehow frozen it, even though the stove was at the hottest temperature it could go, and Fresh had made his bright green, instead of the maroon colour it was supposed to be. Both Chara and Star had burnt theirs to the pot, and Chaos had made a black goop, which she had nicknamed ' DEATH poison' . 

Fell, along with his brother Edge, both had managed to get the majority of the sauce on the ceiling, due to their unnecessary bickering, and Raven was currently hiding under the table, his wings wrapped around him, hiding from the sauce that he was 100% certain was trying to kill him, by spitting it's 'hot lava liquid'. Emilio looked around the classroom, "Maldición, ¿qué demonios?" He muttered, before turning to Horror, "Is this normal?" he whispered. Horror only nodded, seemingly done with his classmates.

Seeing as Horror was in currently unavailable, Emilio looked around for Blue. The classroom was rather small, so it didn't take that long for Emilio to find him. Blue, or Mr. Blue as he had to refer to him as, was trying to coax Raven out from under the table, which was so far, unsuccessful. Walking over to the teacher, Emilio fiddled with his large, ratty hoodie, something he often did when nervous. "Come on Raven, It's not that bad" He heard Mr. Blue speak. "You don't even need to finish it, just turn the oven off" Mr. Blue bargained. 

Emilio stood beside Mr. Blue, nervously gripping the bottom of his hoodie. "Uh, Mr. Blue?" Emilio spoke, gaining the attention of the teacher. Blue stood up, leaving the shaking student alone, and replied, "yes? Emilio, right?" Blue asked, though his tone showed he already knew who he was. "Sí, uh yes sir" Emilio fumbled over his words, a small, purple blush appearing on his face due to embarrassment. Blue laughed, "no, it's fine. Anyway, you wanted something?" Blue questioned. Emilio nodded sharply, "Sí, uh, i'm finished- oh, and Horror is too" Emilio told Blue. Blue responded, "Did you clean up?" He asked, earning a small nod. Blue smiled, "okay, let me see it" Blue told Emilio, walking over to oven number 8.

After the bell went, most of the students left the classroom. Both of the Nomercy brothers; Edge and Fell, had to stay behind to clean their mess, since it was lunch time. Instead of leaving and going to Lunch, Emilio had decided to stay and help clean up, which Horror thought he was crazy for. 

It was quiet for awhile, until a voice spoke, "You really didn't have to stay Emilio" Blue told him, the brothers long gone. Emilio shook his head, "Está bien, really, i like cleaning" Emilio told the teacher, throwing the last apron into the basket. A bark of laughter amitted from the older skeleton, who seemed to find it amusing. 

The silence returned, thicker than before. To any bystander, it would be obvious to them that they both wanted to say something, but just couldn't get it out.

Finally, after what felt like forever, Blue spoke "Entonces, Bytte... ¿eh?" (So, Bytte... huh?) Blue spoke in Spanish, which surprisingly, didn't startle Emilio, "Veo que te diste cuenta de que" (I see You noticed that) Emilio replied, continuing to wash the dishes. Blue sighed, and responded, "Sí... ¿Cómo está? mi hermano, quiero decir" (yes, i did... how is he? my brother, i mean) Blue asked. Emilio stopped washing the dishes, "padre está bien, te extraña, sin embargo, puedo decir" (Father's fine, he misses you though, i can tell) Emilio remarked. Blue stayed silent for a bit, before saying "¿Cómo puedes saberlo?" (how can you tell?) He questioned. Emilio hummed, as if he was thinking about the question, before replying "siempre consigue esta mirada cuando habla de ti" (he always gets this look when he talks about you) he told the teacher, "como si estuviera pensando en algo que se arrepiente de hacer" (as if he's thinking about something he regrets doing) He continued. There was no reply.

"Mr. Blue-" Emilio was interrupted, " No, cuando estemos solos, llámame tío" (No, when were alone, call me uncle) Blue interjected. Emilio Beamed, "Bien... Tío" (Okay... Uncle) .