Chapter Fifty-Two

(*Edited*)

Paperjam was sitting outside with Killer, Dust, Undyne and Fresh. The playground was strangely empty, with there only being around five students visible to them. Dust sighed, "Well, tomorrow's Wednesday, is there anything we should do before we sneak in?" Dust asked, being purposefully vague.

Paperjam frowned. After much consideration, he was finally starting to think that this might be a bad idea. 

"I- I can't tell them- not anyone" Paperjam whimpered.

Paperjam looked at Dust, "uh.. Are we sure this is a good idea?" Paperjam asked. Fresh looked at him in concern, finding his question out of character for the taller skeleton. "What? you were the one who wanted to do this most, remember?" Killer pointed out.

Emilio frowned, "Not even your friends?" He asked.

Paperjam scratched his skull nervously. "What if Emilio really is just a new transfer student like he says?" Paperjam pointed out. Dust frowned, "Dude. You hate him, what's with this nice attitude all of a sudden?" Dust asked.

Paperjam went pale, and his hands started to shake. "No!" He cried out.

Fresh stared at Paperjam for a second. Then two. Then a whole minute passed. "You getting cold feet?" Fresh finally asked. Undyne sighed, and lifted her feet onto the table, "Hey!" Dust shouted. "Well, either way, we're doing it with you, or without you" Undyne told him, glancing over to Paperjam.

"They wouldn't understand.." Paperjam muttered. "I was so... scared" Paperjam admitted. "I couldn't do anything.."

Paperjam groaned, "Really, 'Dyne?" Paperjam asked. Fresh sighed, "Dust's right though" Fresh told Paperjam. "You're acting weird" He pointed out, "Isn't he, Killer?" Fresh asked. Killer nodded, "Yeah, did something happened between you two?" Killer asked, bored.

Emilio said nothing for a moment, before replying with, "Well, you can tell me okay?" Emilio told Paperjam. "I'll help- I promise I will" Emilio told Paperjam.

Paperjam glared, though it seemed a bit forced. "What are you talking about?" Paperjam asked, scoffing. Undyne laughed, and nothing else was said on the matter.

"Promise?" Paperjam asked.

Dust hit Undyne's feet, making her put them back on the ground. Dust then looked over to Paperjam, "you still doing this with us?" Dust asked. Paperjam frowned, before nodding. Dust smiled, and pulled out a piece of paper.

"I promise"

Dust unrolled the paper, showing a messily drawn, but accurate map of the school. "The school's really small, so Alphys and Monster kid did it in no time" Dust told them. Undyne scoffed, "Couldn't do it yourself?" She mocked. Dust glared, but continued, "Anyway, here's the staffroom, If we hide in the cluttered Art classroom..." 

Undyne opened the door, and took no time at all to walk in. She looked around, as the other kids came in with her, and coughed loudly, "Gee, it's so dusty" Undyne exclaimed, lifting her arm to her face.

Killer absentmindedly kicked a box next to him, "And crowded, are you sure this is the art classroom?" Killer asked. Dust nodded, "It is the art classroom, Mr. Ink's old classroom actually" Dust told them. Fresh looked at him in bewilderment. "Really? are you sure?" Fresh asked. Dust glared, but nodded, "of course, Cross told me. I didn't believe him at first, but after looking around a bit, It's true" Dust told him, glancing almost nervously around the room.

Paperjam glanced at all the boxes, "Did they turn this place into a storage room or something?" He asked. Dust nodded slowly, "Kinda" He replied. "The boxes are fill with all of Mr. Ink's favourite art works the students make" Dust told Paperjam. Paperjam nodded, and looked at around the room again, "So, all of them?" Paperjam responded. 

Dust didn't reply. He didn't need too. It was a well known fact that Mr. Ink loved any art his students made. Even if it looked like a dumpster fire.

Undyne looked over to Dust, "We really gonna hide here?" Undyne questioned, a frown appearing on her face. Dust nodded, "It's rather this, or the janitors closet" Dust replied. Fresh shivered, "Let's stay here" Fresh offered his opinion.

Paperjam sat down on the ground, "I'm never touching you again" Killer remarked. Paperjam looked up, and grinned, "yeah, sure you will" Paperjam deadpanned. Undyne frowned, as she suddenly thought of something, "What's the chance Mr. Ink will come in here?" Undyne asked. 

Instead of Dust, Killer replied. "Actually, me and Dust-" Fresh interrupted him, "Dust and I" Fresh drawled jokingly. Killer glared at Fresh, who was smiling at him, and continued, "Well, Dust and I did some stuff" Paperjam snorted, "And we learned that one, The art club isn't on, on Wednesday" Killer told them, "And two, Mr. Ink never comes in here after school hours, not even once" Killer added.

Paperjam gave them a small smile, "So that means literally no one ever comes in here?" Paperjam asked, receiving a nod. Undyne grinned, "So, how long are we gonna wait in this room?" She asked. Dust then frowned, looking over to Fresh. "Well, we're gonna have to wait an hour" Paperjam frowned. "An Hour!" Undyne roared, "are you crazy!? why can't we just leave and come back?" She questioned.

Dust frowned, and shook his head, "That'd be way too suspicious" Dust pointed out, "Five students walk in just as most of the staff leave?" Dust rhetorically asked, "yeah- we'd get caught in no time" Dust responded.

Dust sighed, "I would have liked to make it two, but I knew you'd never agree to it" Undyne went quiet, suddenly not so angry about the wait. "Usually Mr. Nightmare stays until five o'clock" Dust told them, "But luckily, Mr. Nightmare leaves early on wednesdays" Dust told them. 

"Has everyone made up an excuse to their guardians?" Paperjam asked. Killer nodded, "Peril thinks I'm at Dust's house" Killer told him, "Dad thinks I'm at Fresh's house" Dust replied, "Ma thinks I'm at Killer's home" Fresh responded. 

Undyne replied after that, "I said I'm going over to Alphys" Fresh smiled, "So, we're definitely doing this, right?" He asked. Paperjam scoffed, and lightly hit Fresh's back, "We broke into our teachers house without a second thought, of course we're doing this" Paperjam remarked.

Killer laughed, "you sure? you seemed awfully hesitant awhile ago" Killer pointed out. Paperjam waved his hand in a dramatic fashion, "nah, don't know what you're talking about" Paperjam replied, earning a couple of laughs.

They heard the bell go, and everyone gave a dramatic sigh, "Come on, lets go" Paperjam said, standing up.