Chapter Sixty

Erratum stopped knitting, and looked over his shoulder, looking at the clock. Putting the needles down, Erratum stood up, quietly leaving his room.

No one else had woken up yet, but Erratum knew he didn't need to wake them up. Erratum smiled, and looked over to the door in the corner of the living room, hidden so you'd only notice it if you knew it was there.

He opened the door, and walked up the stairs. The stairs were quieter than before, but they still sounded as if they'd fall apart, even if you knew they weren't. He reached the top, and looked around fondly. The room was much cleaner than before, with not one cobweb in sight. The floor was shiner, and had a new, fluffy red rug in the middle. There was a small table near the corner, with three different coloured chairs surrounding it.

A small plant was the only thing on the table. Ever since Horror had came into his care, the kid had found out he had a strange attraction to plants, and loved to take care of them. Along with that plant, there was a tall, evergreen plant near the doorframe, multiple different green plants that Erratum couldn't name scattered across a bookcase (which honestly had more plants than books; Horror just wasn't someone who enjoyed books, unlike himself) And finally, there was Horror's favourite, a ceropegia woodii, or as Horror called it, Annis.

It hanged over Horror's bed, and Erratum wasn't exactly how the short skeleton managed to water it when it was that high up. He decided not to question it though, as long as the plant didn't die, he didn't partially care how Horror treated it. 

Speaking of beds, at the end of the room, Horror's bed sat. The bed frame was dark wood, brand new. The cover was red, like the carpet, but was more similar to the shade of a rose. The cover was a complete mess though, as a sleeping Horror had almost kicked the blanket off the bed, as strange as it sounded.

Walking up to Horror, Erratum spoke to his adopted son. "HeY HoRrOr, wAKe uP" Erratum said. It never took much to wake up Horror, and Erratum wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. Horror looked up, "oh.. Hi Erratum" Horror greeted tiredly. 

Erratum smiled wider, "cOmE oN, We'Ve GoT sChOoL" Erratum told Horror. Horror sighed, and got out of bed, yawning. "rEmEmBer tOo fEeD snaPpy, HoRrOr" Erratum reminded Horror. 

Snappy was Horror's pet fish. Erratum decided to get the fish for him after he learned that he used to have a dog. Of course, He couldn't get a Dog, as he doubted anyone in the house could actually take care of one without it being called abuse, so he decided to get two Fish, Snappy and Snoopy.

Sadly, Snoopy had died. No one was really sad about it, as they only had the fish for three days before it died, but they still gave it a proper funeral.

Or, what at least he was told was a proper funeral. It was strange though, He didn't think flushing something down a toilet could be called a funeral.

He left Horror alone, and walked back to the living room. He looked over to the kitchen, and noticed that both Blue and Pigment had woken up, and were practically ready. "WheRe's INk?" Erratum asked, looking around. It was strange, as Ink usually woke up before Blue. Blue shrugged, and Pigment didn't bother answering. 

Erratum sighed, and looked over to Ink's bedroom. No one ever wanted to go in there, well, no except Ink. Last time Erratum had been in there, You couldn't see the floor, as the whole thing was covered by paper, with sketches of many dark subjects. 

As if thinking about him caused it, Ink came out of this bedroom, fully dressed with his usual, colourful bag. Horror came in a moment later, and all of them were ready to go to work. 

Once Erratum entered the school, He looked over to Pigment. "I'm assuming you want to go to him now?" Pigment asked, not even looking up from the piece of paper he was holding. Erratum nodded, but realized Pigment couldn't see him, and said, "YeaH, ArE yOu BuSy?" Erratum answered.

It took a moment, but Pigment answered, shaking his head. Erratum looked like he wanted to ask something, but instead he said, "GoOd, LeTs Go FInD HiM" He ordered. Erratum walked left, and Pigment's light footsteps followed soon after, In search for Sans Undertale.

It didn't take them long, as the skeleton was just sleeping In the staffroom; alone. They didn't question where anyone was, mainly Nightmare, and instead walked straight over to Sans. Erratum sat opposite to Sans, and Pigment just stood there, not bothering to sit down.

They didn't need to wake him up, as the skeleton opened his eyes. "ya need somethin'?" Sans asked, looking at Erratum and Pigment.

Erratum felt slightly bad. This was the first time he's walked up to Sans to just talk to him, and he's gonna interrogate him. "HoW wAs YoUr.. MoRNiNg?" Erratum asked, looking away nervously. Sans nodded slowly, looking at Erratum questioningly." It was ok, why?" Sans asked. Erratum smiled, "WhY nOt?" He asked. 

Sans sighed, "Stop. what d'ya want?" Sans questioned, glancing over to a silent Pigment. Pigment looked over to Sans and said, "We're here to talk about your Nightmare" Pigment replied, getting hit by Erratum lightly. "PIgMeNT!" Erratum exclaimed, looking over to the God.

Sans lifted his head off the table, curious. "... what about it?" Sans inquired. Pigment smiled instinctively, "You'll find out if you tell us something" Pigment responded. Erratum sighed, "wHaT hE meANS Is- cAN You ExPLain It In MoRE depTH? mAYbE tElL us SOmeThiNg aBoUt iT ThaT yOu DidN't TELl THe oTHerS?" Erratum asked, frowning.

Sans sighed, "I don't know what to tell ya, Everythin's always so blurry- There's nothin' else I can say" Sans admitted. Erratum's frown deepened, "WeLl, ThANks For aNSwerInG" Erratum said, standing up.

Walking away, Pigment followed Erratum. They were about to leave, when Sans shouted, "wait!". Erratum looked over curiously, "YeAH?" He asked. Sans looked nervous, slightly surprising Erratum. "There's one more thing.." He admitted.

Walking back over, Erratum sat back down. Erratum nodded at him, telling him to start. "Well, y'know that creepy kid that I'm fighting?" Sans asked. Erratum nodded, and Sans continued. "Well, I'm really tired, so i close my eyes, and they attack me- but they miss" Sans said.

"Everything's still really blurry, so It always kind of shocks me when they hit me" Sans admitted, scratching his skull. "After that though, Everything becomes crystal clear" Sans muttered. "I turn away, and say a few more things" Sans paused, "a few more things? can't you remember what you say?" Pigment asked. 

Sans shook his head. "nah, I never really try to remember though, so that might be why" Sans explained. Coughing, Sans continued, "I limp away, in pain" Sans frowned. "After that, It's like it actually happened, I can remember it so vividly" Sans said in awe. "I say, Welp, I'm going to grillbys" Sans continued, "Papyrus, do you want anything?" Sans added, frowning.

Erratum looked over to Pigment, but the skeleton didn't look as shocked as Erratum was. Sans looked at them curiously, "Anyone gonna explain now?" Sans asked, looking between the two of them.