ONE

Juliet Romilly scanned the train platform with an assertive look in her eyes, her hair was tightened into a bun at the back of her head and she wore her Slytherin robes, ready to arrive at Hogwarts. Her father, Nathaniel Romilly, stood to the right of her, wearing an equally stern expression as his daughter. He too was tall with dark hair and striking eyes, Juliet was every bit his blood, he was proud of that.

"There's increasing numbers of mudbloods on this platform every year," Nathaniel said coldly, looking at his daughter with sympathy.

Juliet smiled at the man and nodded, "yes, father. It isn't the most pleasant of experiences."

"Salazar would-"

"Please, father. Let me concentrate on school." The girl replied politely.

"Of course, Juliet. Where is Evan?"

Juliet rolled her eyes at the mention of Evan Rosier's name. Her father had been adamant over the summer before her fifth year that she was to "improve her relations with him", so she suspected that a betrothal to him was on the cards. Her father didn't need to know that she despised the boy, but she had made sure that he was aware that she would be less than happy with the arrangement.

"I do not care where Rosier is, father. Can you see Regulus?"

Nathaniel Romilly craned his neck a little and scanned the platform, he shook his head at his daughter, before breaking into a smile and leading her towards a tall man with white blonde hair.

"Abraxas!" He boomed, shaking the man's hand.

"Nathaniel, how good to see you again," he replied, clutching the wizard's gloved hand.

"Your boy will be going into his sixth year, then?" Juliet's father asked, gesturing to Lucius Malfoy.

"Yes, yes. Sixth year- oh! Your girl has been made a prefect I see, Lucius is too."

Juliet smiled politely at Lucius Malfoy and he nodded back, the two had never had much to do with each other, however Regulus had mentioned that he had been conferring with the sixth year over summer, so she suspected that that may change.

"Yes- we're- I'm terribly proud of Juliet here, she's incredibly clever, she's staring NEWTs potions early, already did her OWL at the end of her fourth year, she's incredible-" Nathaniel said quickly, a glimmer of pride in his eye. "Any advancements on Lucius' path?" He smiled and leaned in a little, "will he be following his father's path?"

"I certainly will, sir," Lucius answered confidently, earning a wide grin from Abraxas.

"I like to hear it," Nathaniel laughed. "Any ladies on the horizon?"

"He is to be betrothed to Narcissa Black," Abraxas responded curtly.

Juliet's heart dropped a little at that, Narcissa had been a friend, of sorts, to her over the years. Her closeness with Regulus had meant that she had become fond of all of the Black cousins, (apart from Sirius, of course), she had been sad to see Bellatrix be married off when she was younger, and now she would have to see Narcissa go too.

"Brave," Nathaniel chuckled, "very brave."

Abraxas raised an eyebrow and Lucius stiffened a little.

"However do you mean, Nathaniel?"

"They're almost a fallen family, Abraxas!"

The blonde man scoffed a little but Juliet's father continued regardless.

"I know that they're as elite as you can get in terms of blood lines, but just look at the oldest- Dro- And-" He clicked his fingers at his daughter, "what was her name, Juliet? You know, the -"