FIFTY EIGHT

Although he had sent her the address, when Juliet Romilly floo'd into his mother's kitchen in muggle London, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black almost jumped out of their skin.

"Fucking hell, Romilly," Sirius said, jumping out of his seat.

"Surprised us," Remus smiled, looking across at her.

"Nice to see you too, Lupin."

Sirius looked between the two of them and rolled his eyes, "I trust you'll catch up later-"

"Shut up, Sirius," they both said.

"Well, well, Moony, come on, be a gentleman, get the woman's bags off her. Romilly, sit down, cup of tea?" He asked, pointing his wand at the tea pot.

Remus muttered something under his breath and took Juliet's bags, his fingers gently brushing hers. "You can take the room we're sleeping with, we'll sleep in here."

"Oh, no, it's fine-" she started, cursing herself for sounding so awkward. Since falling asleep, a bit too close to him, and finding him gone the next morning, the witch had no idea how to act, here she was, tripping over her words when a few hours prior she had been face to face with Lord Voldemort.

"You're the guest, Juliet," Remus smiled, going through exactly the same thought process as her.

"Technically-" Sirius started.

"Be a gentleman, Padfoot," Remus retorted.

Juliet laughed and muttered a "thank you", to Sirius as he set down a mug of tea in front of her.

"So," the curly haired wizard started. "What brings you here?"

"Nathaniel has all but disowned me, so I went to 12 Grimmauld, but it seems that the Dark Lord has decided to frequent it. Regulus felt I'd be better off here."

Remus stiffened at the mention of her fiance, "he's right."

Sirius smirked at him and Remus shook his head a little.

"Prongs mentioned a task?"

"Find and kill my father, and Colin, and Damien."

Sirius snorted, "easy one, then."

"What will you do?"  Remus asked, looking at her sadly.

"Well," she started, a small smile on her lips. "Narcissa is helping me. She's helping me get to Andromeda."

"Wicked," Sirius grinned, jumping up. "Fucking wicked. I'm going to write and tell her now-"

Juliet caught him by the arm, "not until next summer. The Dark - He gave me a year. I'm going to keep up the facade." 

Remus pulled a face, "can you? You encountered a lot of problems this year."

"A lot of the time they were down to your lot playing bloody pranks and making stupid comments."

"Point taken," Sirius said, pointing at her and nodding faux seriously. "I'm going to go and tell her."

When Sirius left the room Remus gently pulled her chair towards his and gave her a quick hug.

"I'm sorry for leaving the other morning."

"It's fine, James said your mother wasn't well."

"I had no idea you were going to have to go back."

"Of course you didn't," she smiled, leaning back from him into her chair.