EIGHTEEN

Remus Lupin was, much to Sirius' delight, out of the Hospital Wing almost immediately on the morning after the full moon. The marauders had been there, crowding him as always, and Sirius had opened his few gifts sat on the foot of Remus' bed. His friends had all chipped in to buy him a nimbus broom- they felt that it was only necessary to after seeing his reaction to Juliet Romilly's- and, although the money mainly came from James, Remus was happy to have contributed to something that his friend loved so much. James' parents had sent the boy bundles of sweets from Honeydukes, probably to make up for the fact that Sirius' own parents got him nothing.

"Seventeen now," Remus said, grinning at Sirius.

"Legally an adult," Sirius smirked. 

"How does it feel?" Peter asked, always in awe of the boy.

Sirius laughed, "the same Pete, obviously. Probably feel a whole lot better after tonight, though."

"Why?" Peter asked.

"Well, McKinnnon already wished me happy birthday, so hopefully, if I'm lucky-"

James snorted, "she's still with Ethan, mate."

Sirius waved a hand dismissively, "details, details. Come on, let's go."

Juliet sat in her common room staring out into the lake, she had been ready for the party for ages, feeling that Gryffindoor did not deserve her effort, but Persephone, Arabella and Ophelia were taking ages. Narcissa and Priscilla were sat with her too, whispering to each other and glancing at Avery.

"Is he going?" Juliet asked the witch.

"Who?" Priscilla asked snottily.

Juliet tolled her eyes, Priscilla had a talent for thinking that she was better than everybody else.

"Caius."

"Yes," she said. "Maybe your little friend can embarrass herself in front of him again."

Narcissa snorted and Juliet glared at her. 

"Does Lucius know you're-"

"Does Lucius know what?" A voice asked, and Lucius Malfoy appeared in front of them.

"That I'm going to Sirius Black's party tonight," Narcissa said smoothly.

Lucius stared at her for a second, "you're what?"

"Close your mouth, Lucius, you'll catch flies," Juliet said sweetly.

"You aren't stepping foot in there."

Narcissa giggled a little, "oh, I am."

"I said-"

The witch stood up and faced her fiance, "and I said that I am. Deal with it."

"How dare you speak to me like that- I'm a Malfoy."

"And I'm a Black," she said sweetly.

"Does Regulus know you're going, Romilly?" He spat.

"Regulus controls me less than you control Cissy."

"You-"

"Oh, get over it Lucius, you bore." Priscilla yawned, "you can come if you want- Caius and Barty are. Oh- and Sev."

"They're what?" He asked furiously.

Juliet smiled, "some of us like to have fun, Malfoy. You should try it."

"Barty," Lucius snapped, catching the attention of the boy sat in the corner. 

"Y-yes."

"You're going to this stupid party?"