SIXTY TWO

"I'm not going to get ambushed here, I don't think, Remus," Juliet smiled as they began to walk up from the beach.

"You never know," he replied. "You're a wanted woman, Romilly."

"And you're a wanted man, if you're harbouring me."

He laughed but Juliet stiffened, "I didn't mean that. They don't know I'm here, honestly."

"I know, it was a joke, it's fine."

"The witch sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "I don't want to put any of you in danger."

He shrugged, "don't stress. We're all in danger anyway."

"Are you going to fight?"

He nodded, "yeah, of course. Already started training a bit. There's a group of us."

"I see."

"Dumbledore asked if you'd be interested, actually."

"Dumbledore did?"

"Yeah, got some odd looks off other members when asking about Nathaniel Romilly's daughter," he laughed. "But they all know now, about your father I mean."

"How?"

"Dunno, wasn't me, honestly. Dumbledore, probably."

"How does he know?"

"He's Dumbledore," Remus replied flatly.

"Started to question his brainpower, putting Potter as head boy."

Remus laughed, "it's changed James for the better. Reckon you'll be head girl next year?"

She snorted, "unless Dumbledore decides to grow a fondness for Slytherin overnight, no."

"He likes you though."

"Don't all Gryffindors," she laughed.

"Possibly," he said quietly, grinning to himself as they approached Marlene's house.

"Fuck-" Juliet said, "I don't know the protection charm password- whatever they use. I'll run down and get Marlene."

He shrugged, "just come to the Potter's. You can have my room."

"Are you sure..."

"Do you want to do that long walk again? It's freezing."

"Yeah, you're right. We need to tell them, though," she said thoughtfully, before pulling her wand out and summoning a patronus. A wolf.

Remus froze as she said something to the animal, forcing himself to push the thought out of his head, he stuttered, "impressive."

She laughed, "thanks. What's yours?"

"Oh- er- a wolf as well."

"Oh, nice." She said awkwardly. "How far is James'?"

"A while, we'll apparate," he said, holding his arm out to her.

"Oh, well. I haven't exactly."

"Never apparated?" He asked. "You're fine, I'm good at it. Never got hurt."

"Never say never," she muttered, gripping his arm and squeezing her eyes shut.

They landed in front of the familiar house and Juliet was shocked to find that she wasn't at all injured, "fair enough, Lupin. That feels horrible."

"You get used to it," he smiled, muttering something at the door, and stepping back to let Juliet in as it swung open.

"I can sleep on the sofa..."