FOUR

"We could..." Peter said slowly, scratching his head and appearing deep in thought. His nose was scrunched and he looked utterly stumped, the three other marauders watched him in amusement. Remus felt for the boy, sometimes. He was so desperate to be included, to be just like Sirius, but could not be more different from them.

"Admit it, Pete," James said with a laugh, "you don't have any prank ideas!"

"As always," Sirius grinned.

"Don't see you two coming up with anything genius either," Remus added, feeling as if he ought to stick up for the boy.

"Well..." Peter started, desperate to help, "who are our targets?"

"Snivellus, of course," James stated.

Remus rolled his eyes, "him and Lily aren't even friends anymore, Prongs."

James shrugged, "doesn't mean he's stopped being a dick."

"Fair enough, fine, Snape," Remus said, "who else?"

"My brother," Sirius snorted. Remus shook his head.

"He's a prefect-"

"So are you, you can just get him back-"

"Lily would never forgive me, he's got Romilly on his side and she's just as corrupt-"

"We could have Juliet as a target," Peter said.

"Keep it in your pants, Wormy," Remus laughed. "Fine, your brother-"

"He got made seeker at the end of last year, you know," James said.

Sirius scoffed, "think I might play again this year, Prongsy, think you can get me on the team?"

James rolled his eyes, "it's my first year as captain, my first responsibility- I need to show Lil-"

"Lily couldn't give one about you playing Quidditch, mate." Came the voice of Remus, Peter snickered as James threw food at the boy.

"Fine....fine..."

"We could spell the snitch in some way..." Remus said thoughtfully, "so they don't get it...Your first match is Slytherin, right?"

James nodded, "yeah, start of November... I'd like to make them lose... frustrate them a bit..."

"Bit boring though," Sirius said, James hummed in agreement.

"What about the bludgers?" Peter asked and Sirius roared with laughter.

"Pete, you evil genius!" He exclaimed.

"That's a terrible idea," Remus groaned, putting his head in his hands.

"It's not!" James exclaimed, "no one would get seriously hurt-"

"Let's back bench that idea for now boys, we'll come up with something better which won't get us expelled-"

Sirius smirked, "Minnie would never let us get expelled," he said, as he waved wildly at their head of house, who was shaking her head at the boy.

"Fine, something which won't get you off the team," Remus said to James.

"True... what am I without Quidditch?" He murmured.

"An idiot," Sirius responded, and the four boys erupted into laughter.

Juliet stood beside Arabella Greengrass as the school made their way out of the great hall and towards the dorms. She thoroughly enjoyed first years arriving into the Slytherin common room, they treated her, the Rosiers, the Blacks, and Lucius as royalty, each desperately seeking their approval. She thought that a lot of the pureblood parents would have told them to get on the good sides of the top families, she never paid any attention to the children, but it was nice to know that her presence alone held importance.