ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT

March

As the term passed, both Remus and Juliet avoided thinking too much about who Harry had seen on the map, Hogwarts remained the same, students still whispered about Sirius Black, and teachers were still on high alert. A week before term was due to end, Juliet headed to Remus' office, pausing when she heard conversation. As soon as she realised it was Harry, she knocked and entered, surprised to see both wizards with their wands drawn.

"Jul- Professor Blair," Remus said, lowering his wand, nodding at the boy to do the same.

"Lupin," she nodded, looking at Harry, confused. "Lessons are over, should you not be at dinner, Potter?"

"Shouldn't you?" Harry asked, Remus stifled a laugh at how much the boy reminded him of James. 

"Five points from Gryffindor for answering back," the witch said sweetly, ignoring Remus' laughing as she looked at him questioningly.

Remus sighed and sat back on a table, handing Harry a piece of chocolate, "Mr Potter and I are learning the patronus charm."

Juliet raised an eyebrow, "that's well beyond third year magic."

"I can do it- nearly," Harry protested.

Juliet smiled a little and leant against a desk opposite the two wizards, "because of the dementors?" She asked softly.

Harry shrugged and looked away, silently chewing the chocolate. "What's yours?" He asked, staring at his professor.

"A wolf."

"So is Professor Lupin's."

Juliet rolled her eyes and Remus grinned.

"Does it mean anything?"

Remus stood up and put a hand on the boy's shoulder, "that can be your homework for me Harry!"

"Great idea, Professor Lupin," Juliet said. "Pick up a book, Potter."

Harry rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath before thanking Professor Lupin and making his way back to the dorms. Everytime Professor Blair took points from him, or rolled her eyes, or picked on him in class, he had to remind himself that she was their friend. He knew Professor Lupin was, and he treated him kindly, but Juliet Blair seemed to want nothing at all to do with him. He sighed and pulled out the large book Hagrid had given him in first year and flicked through the photographs until he got to the ones at their wedding. Professor Blair with her arms around Lily Potter and a blonde woman. Professor Blair with James Potter and a dark haired man with extremely familiar eyes that Harry could not place. Professor Lupin with his arms around Professor Blair with James Potter at the side. Harry sighed and slammed the book shut and hoped that one day the professor would tell him all about his parents. 

"You ought to be kinder to him, Juliet." Remus said, tidying his office as she sat on his desk.

"He'll survive, I'm just treating him as most teachers do."

"You're treating him as Severus does."

Juliet rolled her eyes and ignored the man.

"Will you ever tell him you're his Godmother?"

The witch shrugged and sighed, "maybe one day. When he's a little less annoying."

Remus laughed and she smiled.

"I wanted to ask what your plans are for the wedding?"

He shrugged, "not sure, I was assuming I could stay with James and Anne, but on second thoughts perhaps that's a little invasive."