FOURTY SIX

Persephone Parkinson sat impatiently tapping her foot on the hard wood floor of the Avery manor. She had been waiting for Juliet to arrive all afternoon, and similarly had been waiting for Caius to leave. When he did he kissed her, before burning the letter from Sirius that she had not been allowed to read in front of her eyes. She smiled and kissed him again, not letting an ounce of bother show.

Her friend stepped out of the fireplace and was shortly followed by Regulus who took Caius' arm before looking to the two girls and saying that they would be back in a matter of hours.

"What do you think they're doing?" Juliet asked, shrugging her cloak off and sitting on one of the loungers by the fire. "Regulus said it's a Dark Lord task, you don't think they're going to-"

"Juliet-" Persephone said suddenly, unable to hold in her words any longer. "I have to tell you something which puts us both, and people we care about, in immense danger."

The witch sat up, "what?"

"You cannot tell Regulus, Ophelia, anyone."

"I won't," she snapped, suddenly panicked. "What is it?"

"It's to do with Sirius," the girl whispered.

"I couldn't give a fuck about him," Juliet retorted. 

"And Lupin-"

"I couldn't-"

"Juliet, drop the bullshit," the witch said harshly. 

"So you care about Black now, do you? After ignoring him for the last few months."

"That's not fair, you know it wasn't safe."

"Neither is this, apparently."

"This is different."

"Tell me then."

Persephone inhaled sharply and closed her eyes, knowing that if Caius ever found out about this she was as good as dead.

"Peter Pettigrew works as a spy for our side- for Caius' side."

"What?"

"I only found out this afternoon."

"But he's-"

"Their best friend."

"They tell each other everything..."

"I know. I don't know what to do."

"They have to know," Juliet said.

"I agree."

"But how, it'd put you in so much danger."

"I know," Persephone breathed. 

"Would they even believe us?"

"Lupin would believe you."

"You think I should tell them?!"

"I think you would get through to them the most."

"Maybe I can tell them to not trust him, and not the details. Caius would find out instantly that you told."

"I know," Persephone sighed. 

"I'll say they shouldn't trust him, that I've heard things."

"And if they don't believe us?"

"Then at least we tried."

"How will you get there, though?"

"I know where they are staying for summer," Juliet muttered, picking at loose threads on a cushion.