SEVENTEEN

The entirety of Hogwarts from fourth year upwards were discussing Sirius Black's birthday, and that was exactly as he liked it. Juliet scoffed as she watched him lap up the attention in the days building up to it, and she realised just how similar he was to Regulus, both of them had a deep rooted need for attention. She thought it was probably to do with Walburga and Orion, she didn't imagine that they were particularly affectionate parents.

The most fascinating part of the week, however, was Juliet learning that Narcissa Black did indeed intend to attend Sirius' birthday. The witch hadn't wanted to ask why when Lucius, or indeed anyone else, was around, and so the only time alone with her that she found was when they were patrolling. 

"I hear you're going to Black- Sirius' birthday on Friday?" Juliet said casually to Narcissa on their Wednesday evening stroll.

"Hm," Narcissa hummed, not flinching or making any sign that she had processed the younger witch's words. 

"Well, are you?"

Narcissa smiled, "yes," she said calmly.

"Why?"

"Well, are you going?"

"Yes..."

"Why?"

"Come on, Cissy, you know what I'm getting at!"

"What?"

"He's your cousin! And he's... estranged!"

"He's still my family. He's still a Black."

"What?"

"His house won't change that we're related, or that he's my cousin."

"So you're going to..."

"To celebrate his birthday," the witch said stiffly.

"Do you still care for him, then?" Juliet asked carefully.

Narcissa swallowed, "he's my cousin," was all she said.

"And Andromeda?"

"She's my sister, I'll always care."

"Good," Juliet said quietly.

"Why are you on the prefect rota for tomorrow night as well?" Narcissa asked, quickly changing the subject. 

"Oh, it was meant to be me on Friday, but I got them to switch me with Regulus. He's got no plans to go to the party so-"

"Fair enough," Narcissa muttered, still in her head about her family.

Remus Lupin awoke on the morning before the full moon with a splitting headache and aching bones, the marauders were in high spirits, however. With James discussing how he will for sure get Lily to fall for him at Sirius' party, and with Sirius rambling about how "tomorrow will be the best party that Hogwarts has ever seen." Even Peter was managing to seem excited without being prompted by the others. 

"Chin up, Moony," Sirius said with a grin. "Party tomorrow!"

"If I can even make it," he groaned, pulling himself out of bed. "I might be in the hospital wing..."

"You won't," James said. "Don't worry."

"You look ill, Remus," Peter said seriously as they walked down to breakfast.

Remus laughed, "thanks, mate. Probably could've guessed that from how shit I feel."

"Go back to the dorm after you've eaten," James suggested. "Get some rest."