NINE

Juliet was glad to have potions the next morning, it meant that there was no Ophelia to deal with, no Regulus and no Evan. Just her and Persephone, who was still acting completely ordinary with her. The witch had been a little quiet since the party, but Juliet suspected that it had more to do with Avery than her. It was Regulus' birthday, though, so she supposed that she ought to make up with him. He had also been delivered a new broom at breakfast, and Juliet suspected that their parents had planned it, he'd met her eye and smiled a little, but had been pulled away by Ophelia.

"Did you get Regulus anything?" Persephone asked cautiously as they waited outside the potions classroom.

"Of course, I left them downstairs, doubt he wanted to open them with me."

Her friend nodded, "what even happened-"

"Come in, come in!" Slughorn said, opening the classroom door and ushering the class inside. Persephone sat beside Juliet at the front of the class and the professor began to speak. "Right, so today, we're looking at hiccoughing solution. A little easier than the Draught of the Living death... actually!" He looked around the room and seemed to recount something, "Miss Romilly, Miss Parkinson, Mr Lupin, and Miss Evans, yours were all perfect, fifteen points to Slytherin, and fifteen to Gryffindoor!"

Persephone and Juliet grinned at each other whilst the marauders, save James who was gushing over Lily, congratulated Remus.

"So... hiccoughing solution... yes. Easier than last time, medium level difficulty, follow the instructions and you won't go wrong. I'll do a little mixing up for the partners-"

There were groans from both sides of the room. 

Slughorn looked around, "Miss Parkinson, with Mr Black please."

The marauders snickered, "Mr Potter, since you were so desperate to pair off Miss Romilly last lesson, you will work with her today."

Juliet groaned and put her head in her hands.

"Mr Pettigrew... you'll go with Miss Malfoy-"

"I am not going with that," Narcissa spat, making Juliet giggle.

"Come on, come on, get to it-" Slughorn said, clapping his hands.

"I'm not moving, Pettigrew," Narcissa snapped, making Peter squeak and move onto the Slytherin side of the classroom.

Persephone had already moved over to the marauders and Juliet followed and sat beside Potter. 

"Remus," James hissed, looking at the boy to his right who had thankfully been paired with Lily Evans, "wanna swap?"

"I'm good," he said back with a smirk.

"Thanks, Lupin," Juliet said sarcastically.

"Hey, James, swap with Parkinson-"

"Just do your bloody work!" Lily said with an exasperated sigh.

"Potter, get the ingredients," Juliet snapped, "think you can do that without being an idiot?"

"Shut up, Romilly."

"Are you not an idiot?" She asked him with a pout.

"Shut-" he stopped talking after a glance at Lily.

"He is an idiot," Sirius said sweetly to Juliet, making Persephone giggle.

"Don't speak to me, traitor," she hissed.

Sirius put up his hands and smirked at Persephone a little, Juliet thought that her friend seemed to be enjoying being paired with him far too much, but she wasn't one to tell.