FIVE

Juliet awoke to Arabella sitting excitedly on the end of her bed, bouncing up and down. The witch groaned and threw a pillow at her friend, who caught it, giggled, and threw it back.

"It's Thursday!" She exclaimed.

"I know," Juliet said, still groaning.

"It's your birthday!"

"I know that, too."

Arabella squeaked and jumped on top of her friend and threw her arms around her.

"Ugh- Bella- come on-"

"Get up, you idiot! Regulus is waiting for you-"

"Tell him I'm sleeping!"

"Breakfast is in an hour, then lessons start, so get up!"

Persephone and Ophelia came into the room smiling, both holding colorful packages.

"Happy birthday, Juliet!" Persephone said politely.

"Happy birthday, Jules," Ophelia grinned, gliding over to her bedside and kissing both of her cheeks.

"Fuck off, Rosier," Juliet said with a little smile, before making her way into the bathroom.

Several 'Happy Birthdays' were said to Juliet as she made her way into the common room, two first year girls squeaked it before giggling and running up to their room. Fucking children, the witch thought.

Regulus beamed when he saw her and made his way over to her. He wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her cheek and gave her a small, black, parcel.

"Happy Birthday, Romilly," he smirked.

"Thank you, Black."

The witch sat on the sofa by the window to the lake to open her gifts, she was surrounded by all of her year, and also the majority of the year above her. The girls in her dorm had gotten her various sweets from Honeydukes, and also a Quidditch set. Rosier had tried to give her a gift, but she had thrown it into the fire. Regulus, however, got her a beautiful emerald necklace which she utterly adored.

"Reg..." she said slowly, "you shouldn't have-"

"Oh, he should," Arabella giggled, before being elbowed by Persephone. The girls gushed over her necklace and Regulus smiled at her reaction to the gift. No one noticed Evan Rosier glowering in the corner.

"Breakfast?" Ophelia asked sweetly, holding out her hand to Juliet who nodded and took it. The witch looked over her shoulder at Regulus, who had been beckoned by Evan.

"Coming, Reg?"

"In a bit," he smiled.

"Nice necklace you got her," Evan Rosier said to Regulus harshly.

"She's my best friend," the boy replied, leaning back into the sofa and putting his feet onto a table.

"Almost too nice of a gift."

Regulus smirked, "I'm a Black, Rosier," he spat. Evan recoiled at how he said his name, as if it were nothing, as if it was worthless. "And as a Black, I spare no expense."

"She's mine," Evan hissed to the boy beside him. Regulus broke into a smile and shook his head slightly. "Remember she's mine-"

"Juliet belongs to nobody but herself."

"Don't be a dickhead, Black-"

"All I need to do, Rosier, is tell my father that I want her. I never would because I want her to marry for love, but I can end whatever you think is going to happen with a mere sentence. I can turn your life upside down with as little as a look in the right direction," he hissed. "You're below me, Rosier, and don't you fucking forget it."