SIX

Juliet Romilly could not celebrate on the night of her birthday as she would have liked to. In fact, she was fast asleep by nine o'clock in the evening, owing to the early Quidditch practice which the Slytherin captain, Adrian Flint, was forcing the team to take. It was 6:30am when Persephone woke the girl up, the witch was already dressed in full kit and holding her broom. Perfect Persephone. 

"Fucking hell, Pen," she groaned.

"Shush!" Persephone said, looking at the sleeping Arabella and Ophelia. "Come on, get up."

"I'm going to kill Flint."

"Channel the anger into your quidditch."

"It's two months until the bloody match and he couldn't even let us have a week off before we start."

"It's a Slytherin/ Gryffindoor match," Persephone said calmly, as if that fully explained the extreme practices.

"In two months."

Persephone shrugged and smiled at her friend as she got dressed, she glanced at the clock and saw that it read 6:35am.

"Come on, Juliet, we've got ten minutes."

"Morning, sunshine," Regulus said to the witch with a grin as she walked beside him on the way down to the pitch.

"This is fucking ridiculous."

"It's quidditch," he said.

"What's made you want to play again, Regulus?" Persephone asked politely. 

The boy had played in his first three years, but had stopped in his fourth, no one really knew why, but Juliet suspected that it had something to do with the stressful and turbulent times he was having at home. Quidditch would only be an additional bother.

Regulus shrugged, "dunno, Pen, guess I missed it..." he started, before trailing off and raising his eyebrows. Juliet followed his eye line and saw the Gryffindoor quidditch team making their way up from the pitch, and suddenly she felt grateful that Flint was her captain and not Potter. Adrian was glaring at the boy.

"Early morning, Potter?" He spat.

"Incredibly," James said with a smirk. "Got a new player, you see."

"Who's that then?" Caius Avery asked.

"Me," came the drawl of Sirius Black. Juliet looked at Regulus out of the corner of her eye and he stiffened a little.

"Clearly we've both got new things then, Potter." Flint smirked, stepping aside to fully show Regulus.

"Back on the pitch, Reggie?" Sirius asked slyly.

"Yeah, I'd advise you to stay away."

"Should I be scared?" Sirius laughed.

"Probably, Black. I've never seen you play, but I can assure you that Regulus is better," Juliet said smoothly. 

Sirius laughed, "you're looking more disheveled than ever, Romilly." Earning laughs from James and Colin.

"Don't let Pete hear you say that," James laughed back, before leading the rest of the Gryffindoor team back up towards the castle.

"Bastards," Flint said, rolling his eyes at the team.

"They're all filthy little-"

"Don't let it bother you, Caius," Persephone said politely, putting a hand on his arm. The older Slytherin gave her a confused look and shook her off, before hurriedly walking away to catch up with Adrian. Juliet gave Persephone a pitying smile, no matter how much she tried with her fiancee, he never showed any interest in her. She didn't know what was worse, Evan never leaving her alone, or Caius completely ignoring Persephone.