ONE HUNDRED AND ONE

May, '93

Since Remus Lupin's acceptance of a job at Hogwarts, the man found himself leaving his house far more. He had found it depressing before, but wasn't really certain that he deserved any more than what he had. Hogwarts, as terrifying as the prospect was, was a glimmer of light in his dark world. Somewhere people could heal him properly, where he wouldn't have to worry about not being able to afford the proper medicines. He had tormented himself for years thinking about Hogwarts, and the memories it held, but the same memories haunted him still, alone, in his small house.

He'd see Harry at Hogwarts, the last bit of James and Lily that existed.

Anne had been ecstatic when he told her, finally taking her up on her offer for him to stay with them, she'd whispered to James secretively, grinning from ear to ear.

So, when Arthur and Molly Weasley sent a panicked patronus to London, making Anne shriek as a weasel darted through a wall and began to shriek, he didn't think twice before apparating straight to the Burrow, again leaving Anne utterly confused as a Weasel had spoken in front of her, and Remus had vanished on the spot. The muggle woman laughed softly to herself, shaking her head and going back to reading her book.

Remus was met by a frantic Molly Weasley at the burrow, tears streaming down her face as she clutched onto the man's arm.

"Arthur is at work, they won't let him leave... Bill is with Charlie, they're in Bulgaria-"

"It's alright, Molly. I'm here, what's happened?"

"Ginny," she whimpered, "is missing. From Hogwarts. Dumbledore didn't say anything more, he said it would be fine. That's my daughter, I want to go... I know it's a big ask, Remus..."

He forced a smile, he was going to have to face the castle at some point.

"It's okay, we can go."

The pair apparated into Hogsmeade, where a friend of Molly's took them to the castle in her carriage. Remus looked up at it as he approached, a warm feeling dawning on him, remembering seeing it for the first time as a boy, and then every year with his friend's at his side. He remembered seeing thestrals for the first time, in the carriage with Juliet and his friends, how he had felt completely mad. He laughed a little to himself as he recalled that she had known exactly what they were, but had stayed silent. He noticed that Molly was watching him closely, and appreciated it, giving her a small smile to reassure that he was okay. 

Molly Weasley, after arguing with Filch for five minutes, strolled through the castle as if she belonged there, making her way up endless staircases towards Dumbledore's office, Remus on her heels. He paused at what he remembered to be his old potions classroom, and smiled at the desks where he and his friends used to sit with Juliet and Persephone. He felt like she was everywhere in this castle, the marauders too, but mainly her. No matter where he was, she was constantly in his mind, but here it was overwhelming.

Professors were gathered outside of the headmaster's office, he noticed Snape first and internally groaned, sure that he was going to have little sympathy for Ginny.

"Minerva," Mrs Weasley called out. "Let me see him, please. It's my daughter."

Professor Mcgonagall put an arm around the woman, whispering something to her that made the woman gasp. "Severus," the professor said, motioning for the man to follow the pair up to the office. The old witch looked down again.

"Professor Blair, cancel the midnight astronomy. Patrol the castle, please."

A dark haired witch nodded, her back to Remus. Dumbledore had said he would know a Blair.