THIRTY FIVE

Dear Father,

I hope this letter finds you well, Lucius tells me you've been staying at Malfoy Manor, I hope you're having an enjoyable time. I am only writing to tell you that I won't be returning home for the Easter Holidays next week, so there will be no need to collect me from the station. I wish I could come home, but the sixth year potions work I am doing is proving to be difficult, Professor Slughorn has told me that a few extra sessions over the holidays should get me back up to speed, I'd hate to disappoint you. I thought it would also be a good opportunity to get some individual quidditch practice in, and also Madam Pomfrey has told me that I can talk to her about healing, remember you told me that was a good route to go down?

I am also asking you to reconsider my betrothal to Evan Rosier, Regulus believes that Orion and Walburga are opening up to the idea of me and him marrying. It is far more advantageous than Evan, and would benefit our family far more. I will not marry Rosier, but I will happily marry Regulus.

Anyway, I am sorry that I can't be home, I hope you have an enjoyable Easter. I'll see you in summer.

Juliet Romilly

Regulus read the letter over a few times and nodded, before handing it back to Juliet.

"This is for the best," he said to her.

"I'm sure it is, I wish you'd tell me why."

"You aren't stupid, Jules."

"Don't get-" she stared.

"Leave it," he pleaded. "I don't want to talk about it, not now," he said, glancing at a copy of the Daily Prophet on the table in front of them. 

"It seems our fathers are becoming quite the pair," Juliet muttered, following his eye-line to the paper where muggle killings were headlining.

"It's good for us."

"Not good for the mugg-"

"Juliet," he hissed, glancing over at where Barty sat with Lucius and Evan.

"Sorry."

"Has your father said anything else to you about Evan?"

"No," she said quietly. "Has yours said anything about me?"

"Yes," he grinned slightly. "He suggested I take you to Slugclub."

"Oh?"

"Yeah... so... shall we?"

Juliet rolled her eyes, "is that you asking me to go with you?"

"Yeah?"

"Romantic," she huffed. 

"I know you don't care for that."

"I care for manners."

"Ooh," Regulus smirked. "A true pureblood woman."

"Shut up Reggie."

The boy laughed and grabbed one of her hands, "Juliet Romilly, would you do me the honor-"

"Yes- yes. Merlin, disgusting."

"Ophelia liked that stuff," Regulus snorted, staring at his ex girlfriend who had already been looking his way.

"Missing her?" Juliet teased.

"Oh, of course. Her crazy tendencies, her bitchiness, her eagerness to get married and have children."

"What's not to miss?"

"You're the only person I want to be there with," he said firmly.

The witch gave him an odd look and smiled slightly, "right... I'm going to go and post this."