EIGHTY FIVE

June, '81

Alone, again, in a safe house Juliet struggled to keep her thoughts to herself. She attended order meetings, Sirius and Remus argued, less jokes were cracked by the marauders, and the absence of Gideon and Frank certainly had left a void. She patrolled the burrow, with Lily, or with Alice, and they'd make idle conversation, watching the ginger woman bustle around through the lightened windows, jumping at any sound made, and noticing the witch looking outside every few minutes to ensure the witches were still there. Juliet had scarcely spoken to the woman, but she felt for her. She couldn't imagine having so many children at such a horrible time. Everyone was locked away from each other, she hadn't been alone with Remus in months, but somehow found herself not caring.

 All that mattered was the war.

Nathaniel Romilly's arrest had been the last real success of the order, they hadn't lost anyone, recently, but the deaths of Arabella Greengrass, Marlene McKinnon and the Prewett twins were dwelled on every day. Four immense losses to the order. Juliet had been on missions, her last with James Potter, they had duelled a wizard named Dolohov and he had apparated out of Diagon Alley, recently, that seemed to be the way most attacks were going, even the death eaters seemed skittish. 

Lily Potter answered the door with Harry on her hip and her wand pointed at Albus Dumbledore. Her features softened a little when she saw him, however his visits never did bring good news. She felt foolish, holding her wand up to the most powerful wizard of all time.

Dumbledore smiled, "I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore-"

Lily rushed around the kitchen waving her wand and tidying up various baby cups and toys whilst simultaneously making her old headmaster a cup of tea. She was flushed as she handed it to him, sitting opposite him at the table.

"Thank you, Mrs Potter, is James here as well?"

Lily shook her head, "do you want me to get him? He's with Sirius."

"Yes, please."

Lily waved her wand and summoned her patronus, watching as the doe darted out of the house. Less than five minutes later, James Potter was on the doorstep, smiling at his wife as she held a wand to his face.

"I come, I'm afraid, with not good news," Albus said, standing up and pacing around the kitchen. He glanced at Harry, who sat on James' lap and sighed. "Do you know Sybil Trelawney?"

The pair shook their heads.

"I have just appointed her as divination professor at Hogwarts, and she has made quite a chilling prophecy."

"Yes?" James asked, sharing a worried glance with his wife.

Dumbledore sighed, "It refers to a boy, born last July, to those who have defied the Dark Lord."

"Harry?" Lily asked.

"It says that this child is the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord."

"He's a baby." James said.

"How real is this, Albus?" Lily asked, biting her lip.

Dumbledore sighed, "real enough to be worried. We must assume that the Dark Lord may find out about this."

"What do we do?" James asked, panicked. 

"You withdraw yourselves, you tell no one properly why. You have a secret keeper, someone you wholly trust, and you stay safe."

"Is it definitely Harry?" Lily asked, her eyes full of tears as she stared at the infant.

Albus shook his head, "there is another family who I will be visiting, and advising them to do the same."