TWELVE

Despite Juliet's altercation with Evan in the day, Ophelia was predictably utterly normal with the witch as they prepared for bed. The two could never fall out for long, no matter how much they annoyed each other, their long years of friendship meant that a reconciliation was inevitable.

"What are you wearing tomorrow?" Ophelia asked the other girls.

"Tomorrow?"

"Slug-club!"

Arabella scoffed, "some of us aren't important enough to be invited."

Juliet smirked, "Lupin and Evans are invited, so you really are the lowest of the low, Bella."

"You're a bitch," Arabella said, rolling her eyes and throwing a cushion at her friend.

"Too much?" Ophelia asked, stepping out of the bathroom in a short, plunging dress.

"Slut," Arabella muttered.

"Don't be jealous, darling."

"As if."

"Oh, fuck-" Juliet said, slapping a hand to her forehead.

"What?"

"I'm fucking patrolling tomorrow!"

"Get it off!" Persephone moaned, not liking the thought of going to the party with only Ophelia.

"How? All of the Slytherin prefects will be there, I can't just stroll into another common room and ask can I?"

"Unlucky," Ophelia said, staring at herself in a mirror.

"Thanks for the pity, Rosier."

"Not my problem, Romilly," she grinned.

"Just finish early," Persephone said. "Who are you on with?"

"James Roberts, Ravenclaw."

Arabella laughed, "the one who fucked up your party by playing muggle music?"

"Juliet fucked up her own party," Ophelia said sweetly.

"Shut up, and yes Bella, the very same."

"Something tells me he won't be in a rush to do you a favor then."

Juliet groaned, "am I destined to have no fun this year?"

"Don't be so dramatic, we're only a couple of weeks into the term."

"Hopefully I can still make it," she muttered.

"They went on until eleven last year, remember?" Ophelia asked, pulling on another dress to try.

"Yeah, I suppose they did."

"Exactly, so it's fine."

"If not, you can always come and spend time with your irrelevant friend," Arabella said bitterly.

Juliet laughed and kissed her friend's head, "you'll never be irrelevant to me, Greengrass."

"You'll be irrelevant as long as you're a Greengrass," Ophelia smirked.

"Just you wait, one day the Greengrass name will be merged with one as great as Malfoy."

The other girl's laughed. 

"Dream on," Persephone said. "Come on, anyway. Juliet and I have quiddich practice early."

Juliet groaned, "life just gets more and more unfair."

"The heart bleeds," Arabella snapped, turning the lights off.

Juliet Romilly spent much of her Friday feeling incredibly bitter. She knew that it was childish to be upset that she couldn't go to some stupid dinner party, but her difficult week had meant that she had been looking forward to it. The quidditch practice had been awful again, with her and Regulus not speaking, it seemed as if the entire team was on edge, and he had been off his game, taking ages to catch the snitch.