TWENTY NINE

"Pen," Juliet hissed, following the witch on their way to potions. Persephone Parkinson, as she had been doing for the past few weeks, completely ignored her old friend, quickening her pace to get to the classroom. 

Juliet had spent the majority of her February at quidditch practice, preparing for their Ravenclaw match in early March, or studying with Arabella. She and Regulus would meet up whenever they could, but with Ophelia around spending any time with the boy was a rarity. Persephone spent all of her time with Caius or Ophelia, Juliet pestered her whenever she could, but since seeing her dark mark, the two witches had not had one single conversation. 

"Leave her," Arabella groaned to Juliet, as she walked with her friend to the sixth year potions lesson.

"She hasn't spoken to me in a month!"

"Exactly, and she obviously isn't going to."

"I'm not just giving up-"

"Well maybe if you actually told me what's going on-"

"No," Juliet snapped. "I'm going now, I'll see you this evening."

"Fine," Arabella replied coolly, "see you whenever."

Juliet rolled her eyes and walked into the classroom, the potion which they were making was taking far longer than anticipated- much to Slughorn's annoyance, which meant that Juliet had to watch Persephone work with Caius for even longer.

"Persephone," she shouted from across the room, now desperate for her attention. 

The witch didn't even raise her head, Caius muttered something to her and she nodded, before angling her chair towards him and away from Juliet.

"No joy?" Remus Lupin asked the witch as he sat down beside her, looking between the two Slytherins.

Juliet groaned, "of course not."

"What was that?" Sirius asked, leaning forwards over his desk, putting his head in between Remus and Juliet.

Juliet scoffed and pushed him back, "none of your business, Black."

"Was it about Penny?" He asked eagerly.

Remus grinned and watched as Juliet became increasingly frustrated.

"Merlin, she's my friend, stay out of it-"

Sirius held up a finger to silence the witch, "Romilly, you were the one who went running to Moony here the moment you saw...it. You involved me."

"Well, I just don't know why you haven't given up on her," Juliet scoffed. "She's clearly not interested."

"We're the marauders, we never give up on any-"

"Merlin, shut up before I'm sick," Juliet said, rolling her eyes. 

"Fine," Sirius admitted. "I also like the challenge, every other girl wants me-"

The witch laughed, "I certainly don't."

"We practically grew up together, Romilly. You're an exception."

"I grew up with Regulus, not you."

"Regulus and I used to be one and the same," Sirius said quietly. 

"Well-"

"Potions," Remus interrupted, nudging Juliet. 

The witch rolled her eyes, turning to the boy beside her, "you'd think he was going to burst into tears at the mention of Regulus the way you tiptoe around the topic, Lupin."