Be Yourself (Tanjiro X Fem! Reader)

*Giyuu is going to be older in this one shot in order for it to make sense.

Y/n's family has a rare bloodline in them, all of them have one leader. It was like they were chosen, her bloodline was apart of a clan. And she was the last one of her clan, the demons that were sent by Muzan ordered to kill her clan to finally end them which they did. Y/n was hiding under her mother's dead body, she used her mom's blood wiping it on her face to make it seem like she was dead also.

The demons definitely were weak since they didn't catch her being alive. After the demons thought they killed everyone they left to report to Muzan. After them leaving Y/n got up and looked around her village was on fire and her mother and father were dead in front of her.

Her mother and father ruled the village... but clearly not anymore. Y/n's eyes widened as body parts were everywhere blood on the walls and blood on the floor. She froze her parents, her friends, were all dead.

Footsteps came from behind her to see a mismatch haori man, the man bent down to her height and mumbled "I'm sorry you had to see this.". He picked up Y/n and started running away from the village, the last thing she saw was her village collapse to the ground creating a bigger fire. Her (Color eyes) had the reflection of the fire in them as she watched the village burn when the man that was carrying her ran.

The man noticed and took off his haori wrapping it around her to block the view of her village. Y/n was 8 at the time

---

As time passed Giyuu and Y/n grew close meaning Y/n's attachment grew more. She was 14, Y/n always followed Giyuu around like a lost puppy because well that's how she was raised. Everyone in her clan had a person they had to listen to and obey. Giyuu knew about her family history from Oyakata-sama, which he was quite nervous about on the inside. There was one problem, Y/n had to get told what to do every step of the way. She did not know how to decide for herself. For example:

"Y/n keep training I'll be inside," Giyuu said and Y/n nodded and continued running up the mountain dodging all the attacks.

Hours have passed and Y/n has not returned back from the mountains, Giyuu has been waiting for her at the water estate, he thought she was in trouble so he ran there as fast as he could only to see her still training looking like she was going to collapse any moment.

"Why didn't you return back? It's been hours and you look like you're about to pass out at any moment. When did you start getting tired it's been almost 8 hours?" Giyuu said helping the girl walk. "I was tired 3 hours ago," Y/n mumbled. Giyuu sweatdropped forgetting how she works.

* Time skip *

At the moment Giyuu told Y/n "Find any demon and defeat it with no mercy. Don't die". Y/n nodded and ran off to where ever she can sense the demon. She saw a boy with burgundy hair that was about to get cut into pieces with a web cage surrounding him

Y/n jumped up and twirled her sword around cutting the cage before it could hurt the boy even more. "You can rest now, I'm here. Leave the rest to me" Y/n said. the boy looked up to see a girl with (hair color) hair and a long blue sword that says "Avenge" on it.

Y/n stood in front of Tanjiro facing the demon spider. Her face held no emotion, Giyuu's voice repeated in her head 'defeat it with no mercy. Don't die'. Y/n looked at the demon in the eyes glaring at it. "You're like an endless stream of lowlifes always getting in my way!" The demon yelled (Rui). "Blood Demon Art: Cutting thread rotation!" the demon yelled multiple webs coming at once.

"Total concentration Water Breathing Eleventh Form: Dead Calm." Y/n mumbled. Thankfully Giyuu taught Y/n another form right after he successfully learned it. "Eleventh Form?" Tanjiro yelled. "Who cares about your eleventh form!" The demon yelled.