Reflections (Giyuu X Fem! Reader)

Please this is one of my favorite songs of all time. I've been listening to The Neighborhood since 2013 and i'm still in love with their music.

{Unedited}

-

Where have you been?
Do you know when you're coming back?

Every time Y/n would ask where Tomioka was the other Pillars would shrug and not knowing the answer to her question.

'Cause since you've been gone
I've got along but I've been sad

Recently...well about for 3 months The Water Pillar and The Star Pillar have been getting closer. Tomioka's responses went from short responses to actual sentences which made Y/n the happiest girl alive.

I tried to put it out for you to get
Could've, should've but you never did

But as they grew closer The Water Pillar would always find any excuse to not hang out with Y/n.

Wish you wanted it a little bit
More but it's a chore for you to give

"Can't. I have to train later."

"I have a mission to attend too."

"I'm too tired."

"Maybe next time."

"I can't, I'm busy later"

He would always say or he would disappear out of her sight. Being the highest rank of The Demon Slayer Corps wasn't the easiest so Y/n understood...but it hurt her heart.

Where have you been?
Do you know if you're coming back?

The only time Y/n would see the Water Pillar is if a Hashira meeting was made. She would take a spot by him and greet him. She would only get a look and a nod which made her sigh.

We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard

To tell the truth, Giyuu was terrified. As he got closer to Y/n he developed feelings for her. The way her smile would appear when he was around. Just from his appearance that made her happy...it made him happy too.

I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)

But he just couldn't. He didn't want to risk losing anyone close to to him anymore. It hurt enough already losing his best friend and his sister so adding another would just triple the pain.

I see my reflection in your eyes

He knew Y/n held the same fear he held. She had lost
her family to a group of demons that attacked her home. Her parents hid Y/n carefully and sacrificed themselves to protect her. So her losing someone would break down her world and add more walls to her trust.

I know you're sick
Hoping you fix whatever's broken

What the Water Pillar didn't expect is to see the Star Pillar upset. He thought she wouldn't have cared as much. But seeing her upset made a bunch of guilty and pity get in his stomach.

Ignorant bliss
And a few sips might be the potion

Tomioka wasn't a drinker but right now he couldn't
help but chug the sake. He was a light weight meaning he couldn't handle much alcohol without getting drunk easily.

I tried to put it out for you to get
Could've, should've but you never did
Wish you wanted in a little bit
More but it's a chore for you to give

Y/n did everything she could to get The Water Pillar back in her life and all he would do is push her away or ignore her.

Where have you been?
Do you know if you're coming back?

"Tomioka-san...can we talk?" Y/n said as the pillar was facing away from her. He slowly turned around and as he was about to open his mouth his crow came in yelling making him look up at the sky. "Tomioka Giyuu! Tomika Giyuu! You're Giyuu right...yeah! Head...west?...Head west!"

Giyuu looked towards Y/n's direction to see nothing. She was gone.

We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard
I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody

Y/n laid down on the grass in the middle of Wisteria trees looking at the stars. "Maybe distancing myself from him would be better than annoying him." She thought out loud tracing the stars with her fingers making shapes with her imagination.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)

And that's what The Star Pillar did. She left The Water Pillar alone and hung out with other Pillars.

Giyuu was glad she finally moved forward from their past friendship but was he really glad? That's a question only Tomioka Giyuu knew...but he didn't.

I see my reflection in your eyes (tell me you see it too)

The way The Star Pillar would distance herself from
him was from one thing as well. To not get hurt.

So close, so close
Yet so far away (so far)
I don't know (I don't)
How to be solo (no)

Her figure standing out on the side of his eye during a Hashira meeting made his heart ache. She was so close but...yet so far away.

So don't go, oh, no, just stay

When the meeting ended she greeted everyone goodbye and walked away. The Water Pillar wanted to walk with her and explain why he distanced himself
but just could not.

You and I were bright, shooting through the sky daily (yeah)
Lighting up the night, wasn't always right, baby (mhm)
Yeah, every time that we realised it's crazy
And you save me

The reason why days used to not be as dull and grey was because Y/n was there for him. Both of them together side by side like Star to Water.

Stars create water. Water is abundant in space and is made up of hydrogen created in the Big Bang and oxygen released from dying stars.

Y/n attempted to make Giyuu a better person but ended up hurting herself in the process.

We were too close to the stars
I never knew somebody like you, somebody
Falling just as hard

She fell in love with the loner. Y/n admits it. As much as it hurts it's true. Though the pillar seemed like he wanted nothing to do with her he did. He was just
insecure if she met someone better than him.

I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise (I sold my soul for you)

He lost Y/n from his fear of losing people. Maybe losing her wasn't the best choice...instead it was the worst choice.

I see my reflection in your eyes (I sold my soul for you, I know you see it too)

The Star and Water Pillar both strong and powerful
swordsman. Fear of abandonment and loss, but not the fear of death.

Yeah, I brought same ones too
I know you're tired, I know you're tired
Just say it, I agree with you
Yeah, sick of all the poison in me
What did I do wrong for me, babe?

So during the final battle Giyuu took the attack well at least he thought he did...He went in front of Y/n hugging her protect her body with his as Muzan sent a tentacle at her.

Uh, I see myself in you, I see myself in you, baby
I see myself in you, alright, I sold my soul for you
I see myself in you, maybe you should too

The tentacle went through the both of them in their stomach. Both of their eyes widened at the attack. Y/n was wounded from fighting the Upper Moon Two,
seeing her best friend die, and blocking the attacks for Inosuke and Kanao.

Y/n cupped Giyuu's cheek as her eyes grew heavy
"If we die tonight...let's die together..."