58 | The Work-Study

Eria

"Well, get moving," Endeavour hissed. "Or do you need a red carpet?"

I was still in shock but I picked up my things and hurriedly followed Endeavour. Todoroki, Midoriya and Bakugou were just as surprised as me, but they didn't question much. They gave me a smile to welcome me (except Bakugou, who huffed).

Endeavour gave no explanation to why he had accepted me as per my mother's request. He walked on ahead, and suddenly he roared: "You wanna learn? Stand back and watch!" He leapt over a railing and headed in a direction purposefully.

It was obvious that Endeavour was now in hero mode, so as his interns, we followed suite. My feelings were hyped, a flame burning within me as I realised I was finally going to do some Pro Hero work. I removed my coat and my school uniform, revealing my hero uniform beneath. I didn't want my wings to tear through my blouse.

My classmates equipped their necessary gear: Todoroki with his combat vest, Midoriya with his gauntlets and Bakugou with his grenades.

Endeavour sprinted forward, yelling that we should just stand back and watch, but obviously neither of us were going to do so. Midoriya jumped ahead to follow the loud booming fireball that Endeavour had transformed into, Bakugou released his explosions so that he didn't lose to Midoriya and Todoroki just slid with the help of his ice.

Even with my wings, I was unable to catch up to the giant fireball that soared in the sky. The hero had no wings yet he flew like a meteor, straight towards the villain who was terrorizing an office building. The villain immediately escaped, leading Endeavour through an alley, where more villains laid in wait to ambush the hero. But before the ambush could succeed, Bakugou and Midoriya launched themselves at the villains. Suddenly, a flash of red soared through the air, crashing into the villains and taking them down. It was unlike the flaming red fireball that was Endeavour - this one had a pair of red, feathery wings.

"Hawks, what are you doing here?" Endeavour asked after he defeated the villain and passed it to the police.

Hawks, the No.2 Hero whose trait were his brilliant red wings smiled a goofy smile at Endeavour. "I just came by to give you this. Read it well," he said, passing a book to Endeavour, who reluctantly accepted it. "Are these your interns?"

I had never met Hawks in person before, so being in his presence made me a little nervous. I nodded, smiling shyly.

Hawk's sharp eyes fell upon me. "Ah, you must be Dark Rose's daughter. Nice meeting you."

Somehow, I felt like a fan who had just been noticed by a superstar.

"Remember to read it," Hawks insisted. Then he flew off, after shoving each of us one copy of the book. The title read 'Meta Liberation Army', something new to me.

Endeavour's eyebrows scrunched as he looked at Hawks who had flew away. He wore a serious and deep expression, which meant a heavy thought rested in his mind. Along the way to the agency, he didn't say much and when we arrived, he handed us to his sidekicks and disappeared off into his office.

The agency was just like the last time I had been here: huge, grand, and sophisticated. It was always buzzing with office workers and sidekicks, moving around busily to get work done.

Burnin', the agency's top sidekick, was in charge of supervising us. Midoriya immediately became a fan upon meeting her. She was going to arrange us for a busy schedule today, including patrols and training. Then, Endeavour came out of his office when we were about to get ready for the patrol.

"I will be supervising you kids directly," announced Endeavour as he saw us. He seemed stern. "Now, tell me what are you planning to work on."

Midoriya began with a long essay of his current project, which involved controlling his black whip quirk. He didn't stop for a breather and kept on talking, till I was completely lost of what he was trying to say.