52 | Two Faces

Eria

After the fulfilling trip at Nabu Island, the first thing I did was to do a thorough medical checkup at the hospital, as my parents had insisted. The report showed that there were no abnormalities in my body and it was functioning perfectly. The cells were not deteriorating as bad as the doctors thought, despite the prolonged usage of my quirk without the help of Scarlet's medicine.

With Aizawa-sensei's permission, I enlisted Todoroki and Kaminari's help to assess my body's condition when I tried to absorb energy. The doctors strapped various electric rods, needles, and all sorts of medical instruments across my body to get an accurate reading as I absorb the energy Todoroki and Kaminari emitted.

"You look like some Frankenstein," Kaminari laughed, holding his stomach.

I frowned hard at him. "Could you burn him for me, Todoroki?"

"Okay." Without any hesitation, flames emerged on Todoroki's left hand.

Kaminari jolted. "I'm kidding!"

I shook my head dismissively. Ignoring him, I activated my quirk, flexed my limbs and readied my stance. "Come on. Give me all you've got."

Todoroki and Kaminari exchanged nervous looks. Flames emerged on Todoroki's left hand. "If you want me to stop, just say it quick. Don't force yourself." His brows furrowed as he hesitated to burn me.

I nodded.

With a short, exasperated sigh, Todoroki released his raging flames at me. Deluged in the raging flames, it felt warm, like Todoroki's comforting embrace. I reimagined the feeling of absorbing energy from fire and took in deep breaths, letting the energy seep through my skin. Renewed energy surged through my body. I activated my quirk, feeling powerful and refreshed.

Todoroki stopped releasing his flames when he saw my quirk was activated. "How do you feel?" he asked, concerned.

I grinned and gave him a thumbs-up.

The doctors who peered at their computer screens were discussing among themselves and writing notes in their notepads. One of the doctors gently stabbed a syringe into my arm to take a blood sample.

The next experiment began with Kaminari's electricity attack. Even though the blond was reluctant to attack me with all his strength, I strongly insisted. Reluctantly he unleashed his ultimate move, Indiscriminate Discharge 1,300,000 Volts at me.

I braced for the strong impact. Within less than a second, electrifying pain coursed through my veins and I knelt on the ground. Even though I was confident my demonic resistance could resist Kaminari's attack like before, I was afraid I might not be able to withstand the overwhelming electricity. Indeed, Kaminari had grown stronger.

At the corner of my peripheral vision, I saw Todoroki urging to move, as though he wanted to shield me from the pain. Kaminari faltered when he saw me writhing in pain, and his electricity output was drastically reduced.

"Don't stop!" I yelled, getting desperate over my weakness. I tried to focus on absorbing the electricity but the electrifying pain was distracting.

Focus! If you can absorb the energy when the villain attacked you, you definitely can do it now!

Soon, the electrifying pain slowly ceased and I thought Kaminari had reduced his output. Instead, a gentle feeling of a warm embrace wrapped around me, like how Todoroki's flames soothed me when I absorbed it. It took some time but I finally absorbed the electricity and turned it into my energy.

Kaminari's brain short-circuited after his output exceeded the limit and he cried "Weeeee~" while giving me thumbs-up. I panted and laid on the ground sprawled-eagle, exhausted from the experiments.