16 | His smile

Eria

It was a tiring morning of the first day of school after the sports festival. People started to recognise me when I commuted to school. Some praised me while some were scared to look at me.

In class, Aizawa-sensei had shown us the number of offers from pro heroes for the internship. Todoroki got over 4000 offers, followed by Bakugou with 3000+ while the rest of the class barely make it pass the 500 mark.

I couldn't bear to look at the less than 100 offers I got. It was excruciating.

Stupid Satan quirk! Look what else you did to me!

Midnight-sensei came and took over Aizawa-sensei's spot for the rest of the class to help us with our hero codenames. While a lot of us had thought of good hero names, some struggled with theirs, which included me.

"Psst... Todoroki." I kicked his chair gently. He turned around. "Do you have any suggestions for a good codename?"

Todoroki blinked. "I don't have any. I decided to go with my name 'Shouto' instead."

Your own name...

***

" 'Eria'. I'm going with 'Eria'."

The entire class looked at me with surprised eyes.

"Are you okay with your own name?" Midnight asked, concerned.

I nodded. "I suck at codenames anyway. Besides, my name means 'blessing'. Even though my quirk might not be perfect, I want to believe it is a blessing to me so that I could use it and save people."

"That is so manly!" gasped Kirishima. "I support you!"

"Such a pretty name for a pretty person!" wooed Kaminari while Jirou rolled her eyes at his antics.

"Way a go!" cheered Ochako.

"Why didn't you name yourself 'Succubus'?! That's a nice name too!" cried Mineta as his face turned red at that thought.

"Nice attempt, Takasaki. Next!" said Midnight.

I was relieved to hear that.

After the codenames were fixed for most people—excluding Lord/King Explosion Murder, Bakugou—Aizawa-sensei gave us our lists of offers. I peered through the paper that listed almost 80 offers. Two caught my attention. One was my mother's agency: Magnolia Agency. It was a reputable agency with great heroes specialising in various fields. The next agency made my little heart jumped.

Endeavour's Hero Agency.

......what does he want with me?

Endeavour may be a great hero, but after knowing what he did to Todoroki, I had second thoughts. I didn't feel like going to that agency at all.

What should I do? Should I ask my mom's advice?

I looked at Todoroki, who was peering at his list. If I ask him, he would probably tell me not to.

Even after class ended, I was still in deep thought. I weighed the pros and cons of joining Magnolia Agency and Endeavour's Hero Agency but was still indecisive.

"Let's go see a movie this weekend!" Ochako's cheerful voice drew my attention. "Deku, Eria, Iida, let's go!"

"M-movie?!" Midoriya stuttered. A pale shade of pink dusted his cheeks as Ochako leaned in nearer to him. "S-sure!"

"I'm okay with it." I pushed away my indecisive thoughts about the agencies. "I need some relaxing for the upcoming internship."

Ochako turned to Iida. "Iida, what about you?"