44 | Of romance and jealousy

Eria

"PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ochako rolled on the floor laughing after I told her about the whole 'date' with Todoroki later that day.

"W-what's so funny about it?" I asked, blushing.

Ochako wiped the tears from her eyes. "You two reminded me of a shoujo manga, except...... Todoroki's the main girl while you're the main boy!"

"I don't understand......"

"Oh come on, didn't you realise some of things you did are supposed to be done by the guy? Like winning a toy from the claw machine," she explained. "And Todoroki's like the shy main girl who has never enjoyed all this stuff before until you showed him."

Somehow, she was right. I remembered how touched Todoroki was to have received that plushie from me, and it reminded me of how cute he was.

Back in my room, I stared at the chibi Todoroki figurine that stood on my table. My finger touched its smooth face, and I began to imagine how it would feel touching the real person. It was getting hard for me not to think of Todoroki, even though I promised myself not to be involved in romance.

Maybe I should isolate myself in the woods forever so that I could stop thinking of him......

"Takasaki, are you in there?"

I jolted. What was Todoroki doing here in the middle of the night?

I made sure I was properly dressed — I had removed my bra for sleep — and opened the door. Todoroki Shouto was as handsome as ever, staring anticipatingly as he saw me.

"What's up?" I said, trying to feign calm. My crush looking for me in the middle of the night was not good for my mind.

"I have something to tell you," Todoroki said calmly.

OH SHIT. WHAT IS IT?! IS IT—

"I think I'm in love......" he said.

SHIT!!!

"......with Bakugou."

What. The. Fuck?!

And I immediately woke up from that nightmare, drenched in cold sweat.

***

The next day after class, as the class gathered in the lobby for leisure, I told Ochako of my ridiculous dream.

"PWAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ochako's laughter rang loudly in the lobby. "I can't...... Oh my god you're so......" she exploded into laughter again. "Sorry but, are you jealous of Bakugou now?"

I sighed. "......for a split second."

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

"S-stop laughing!" I chided, embarrassed.

"What's so funny?" Todoroki asked and took a seat next to mine.

I was immediately reminded of the dream I had and my face blushed badly. "N-nothing!"

"She had a dream of you —" Ochako was interrupted and yelped in pain as I kicked her shin.

Todoroki looked at us, fazed, unable to comprehend our antics.

"It was nothing! Just a shitty dream!" I explained.

"Okay," Todoroki said, believing my lie. He took out pieces of papers from his bag and began writing in silence. I peered a little at the contents he was writing.

"I'm writing to my mother. She doesn't have a phone now," Todoroki explained without waiting for me to ask.

My heart felt fuzzy. Todoroki explaining his personal actions to me without waiting for me to ask meant he trusted me a lot.