39 | Consequences Pt. 1

Eria

Everything around me was vast, endless darkness. Accompanying it was the bone-piercing pain that racked my entire body. It tormented me, making me feel like I was going to die, yet it refused to let me die.

I laid in the darkness silently. Time snailed past. The pain became a friend, and soon I got used to it.

Something in my mind started to bug me. A voice told me I need to wake up. But the darkness and the pain grew so comforting, I refused to wake. Why should I wake up to the reality, the tragedy that had hurt me so much?

I rather lie in the darkness forever.

'Wake up.'

'Please.'

The muffled voice grew stronger.

'This is not right. Wake up.'

I covered my ears and closed my eyes, hoping it would die out.

'Wake up.'

'Wake up or you would hurt your friends'.

My eyes snapped open.

Friends? What friends? I didn't have friends.

......right?

As soon as I started to think, the pain increased tenfold. The agonising pain made me scream, but no sound came out from my throat. It was silence; unbearable silence.

The darkness started to constrict me like tentacles of dark shadows, forcing me to stop thinking. The pain and the darkness were too much. I almost wanted to give up retaliating, yet something in me told me I shouldn't or I would lose everything.

What was my everything, anyway?

I thought carefully while the pain and the darkness forced itself upon me. The more I resisted, the more unbearable it was. It irked me. I refused to give in.

My friends...... my everything...

Friends......

I have friends, right?

There was a bubbly, warm feeling that swept through me, followed by something green that flashed past my eyes. Then there was something glinting in the darkness that looked similarly like a pair of spectacles.

Lastly, the nicest feeling I felt was a mixture of comforting warmth and icy coldness. It was inviting, cajoling, caressing me, emboldening me to fight against the pain and the darkness.

I knew these feelings. I remembered who they were.

Electrifying pain tried to obstruct me from remembering, but I resisted the pain, even though I was going to black out. I needed to remember who they were: my friends, my everything. I needed to remember what was going on and what made me into something like this.

"I would love to see the despair in your eyes when you regain your senses and find all your classmates dead." A menacing voice hissed.

My classmates. Dead. Because I killed them.

Someone was making me to do this. There was a syringe...... a needle...... masked men...... a drug in its liquid form......

I slowly remembered what had happened before the darkness. I remembered the nightmare that was about to come true if I didn't stop it now.

"Whenever I lose control, freeze with me with all the ice you got."

Ice. I needed ice. It could wake me up.