28 | Decision

Eria

It was almost dusk when I woke up by the dining table. A note rested on the table, saying my dad has went back to the hospital for a night shift while my mom went out to her agency to vent out her frustrations on villains.

I pray for the unlucky villains who meet her today.

"So, you staying or you leaving?" my annoying brother spoke as he stepped into the kitchen, carrying groceries.

I sighed. "Leaving."

Hinata placed all the groceries on the counter and began to cook dinner. "Are you telling your friends?"

"Maybe. No. I don't know." It pained me to tell them the truth.

"Ah never mind. I told them. By the way, we're going to have napolitana pasta today. Wash the vegetables, will you?"

I rose from my seat. "Fine—" immediately I froze. My eyes spanned wide in horror. "You...what?!"

Hinata looked at me as he snickered. "I told them. Or him. To be exact."

I fumed, resisting the urge to strangle my brother. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"He told me to inform him in case of emergencies, just to make sure you're not kidnapped or anything," Hinata replied nonchalantly, even though I was sure he was enjoying all this.

"WHO DID YOU TELL?!"

Suddenly, the sound of the doorbell pierced through the house.

"Did dad forget his keys again?" Hinata asked as he boiled the pasta.

"I. Will. Murder. You," I hissed through my clenched teeth. I stomped across the house and opened the door, hoping to find my dad.

Instead, it was candy cane boy—Todoroki Shouto, standing by the doorway.

"T-t-todoroki! W-w-what are you doing here?" I was so shocked that I nearly lost my speaking capabilities.

Todoroki calmly stared at me; his eyes somehow burned with slight displeasure. "Are you...... transferring to another school?"

I am going to kill my stupid brother!!!

"I......"

"Please don't lie to me," Todoroki demanded through his gritted teeth.

My voice cracked with strain. "Yes. I think so."

Todoroki's eyes grew sad. "Can you not go? I don't want you to go."

"You shouldn't be here. I... I already made up my mind." Please don't try to shake me. Please.

"Takasaki, if you worry about your safety, it's not a big problem. I... I will be there for you, just like I promised you. I..."

I tried not to look at Todoroki and his pleading gaze. "Todoroki, it's not about me. It's about my parents. I can't let them worry any longer. If moving to another new place means making them happy, I will do it."

Todoroki bit his lips. "Is it what you want then?"

"It's not about what I want. It's—"

"Is this what you want?" Todoroki firmly repeated his question.

Just lie to him. Just say yes. Then he'll leave.

Then you'll never see him again.

My heart ached. "You shouldn't have come. I'm sorry," I muttered.

Todoroki stepped closer and grabbed my hand. "Takasaki, please."

I wanted to push him away. I wanted to tell him that my decision was final.