12 | The son of the Number Two Hero

Eria

My team's plan for the cavalry battle was simple: avoid the strong teams and win by picking on the weaker teams. It was a easier way to gain points without catching the attention of the strong teams while they battled amongst themselves.

"Hey, you," Shinsou started by calling one of the teams next to us. "You are going down," he provoked with a poker face.

"You—" The moment our opponent spoke, his body visibly froze and his eyes glazed over.

"Give me your points," ordered Shinsou.

Before his teammates could react, the hypnotised boy has thrown his headband at Shinsou. Hurriedly I gathered all the strength in my legs and dashed off.

"That was... too easy..." muttered Ojiro. His eyebrows creased as he followed my lead. In the beginning he was quite reluctant with the plan but I managed to persuade him.

"You can't win if you feel guilty over the methods we use," replied Shinsou, tightening the headbands on his forehead. "Maybe you won't feel so bad if I—"

"I will throw you off if you pull your stunt on him," I hissed through my clenched teeth.

Shinsou clicked his tongue angrily. "Swerve to those teams on your right. Todoroki froze them so they'll be easy targets." He stomped on my shoulder, sending a pang of annoyance through my body. I resisted the urge to strangle him.

Using our same plan over and over again, we tricked a lot of teams into giving their points to us. In the end, we managed to get into the final round as the third place.

"Thanks, Shinsou, even though you're still a pain in the ass," I said, trying to grin at his irritated face.

Shinsou rolled his eyes. "Whatever. As long as I get to win."

"If I meet you in the next round, I'll sure to kick your ass," I muttered. I turned to Ojiro and Shoda Nirengeki from Class 1B, who looked down. Ojiro gave me a sad small smile and left for lunch.

I was glad to have entered the final round, facing 15 other participants. As the clock ticked by, nervousness and anxiety became a burden a little too hard for me to handle. I need to leave the suffocating stadium.

"I should find Todoroki and have lunch together, at least," I said, hoping he could help ease the weight on my shoulders. I wandered around looking for him. Instead I found Bakugou leaning against a wall suspiciously, his head tilted to the side.

"Bakugou, what are you doing?"

As if my voice was too loud of a nuisance, Bakugou clamped my mouth. "Shut up," he hissed. His red eyes glared at me.

By reflex I would have punched him for getting too close but then two familiar voices talked near us.

"Midoriya," spoke Todoroki coldly.

Midoriya took a sharp breath.

"...are you All Might's love child or something?"

I choked but Bakugou's hand over my mouth clasped tighter.

"Shut up, bitch," Bakugou hissed.

I pushed his hand away, shot him a glare and snuck a peek at Todoroki and Midoriya. What... what the hell is Todoroki talking about?

"I'm not!" Midoriya panicked as usual. His arms flailed around him. "W-why would you think of that?"

"If you're not his love child, then there must be a connection between you two that you can't talk about, right?" Todoroki pursued further.