30 | Argument

Eria

Training for the upcoming Provisional Hero License Exam began the day after we arrived to the dormitory. I sat cross-legged on the tall concrete cliff and inhaled sharply while listening to Plasma-sensei's voice.

"You've succeeded in activating your so-called hidden demon quirk for five minutes straight yesterday. Make it fifteen this time," said Plasma-sensei.

I forced the hidden demon quirk to activate. A gentle breeze lapped against my wings. With my eyes closed, I meditated while fighting against the bloodlust that threatened to pervade my mind.

At first, the meditation was torturing. Yesterday, I thought I was going to go crazy with the bloodlust corrupting my mind. But after rounds and rounds of endurance, the meditation today felt easy and calming. The bloodlust was no longer that overwhelming.

I inhaled and exhaled. Inhaled and exhaled. The surroundings were noisy and disturbing but I was calm.

"Fifteen minutes is over," said Plasma-sensei. "You can deactivate your quirk to save your energy for later."

I deactivated my quirk as instructed and a wave of fatigue washed over me. It was a great feat because at least I could still move. Yesterday, after ten times of using my hidden quirk, I could no longer move and Ochako had to float me back to my room.

Only five more times to go! Then I'll proceed to activate my quirk non-stop for the whole training until it ends! I can't wait to see how far I could go!

Plasma-sensei gave me a five-minutes rest so I looked around at my classmates, who were already perfecting their special moves. He said my hidden demon quirk was my special move so I needed to focus on it.

My eyes instinctively spotted the large chunks of ice and blazing flames on the far end of the training ground. Todoroki Shouto.

Watching him gave a slight bitter taste in my mouth. It was only a day or two since that 'eventful' day but I could feel that he was avoiding me. Yesterday, he never talked to me or looked at me for the whole day. Even during lunch and dinner, he hurriedly finished his food and left.

I glared at Todoroki, even though he looked as tiny as an ant. He was definitely not 'pretending' nothing happened because it seemed the 'intimate moment' had affected him. I really did not want some stupid hormone-induced 'intimate' moment to affect my friendship with him.

I told Ochako about it (minus the 'intimate' moment) and she devised a simple plan to let me and him have some alone time so I could talk to him.

"Todoroki, could you wait for Eria? She went to the bathroom. We'll head to the workshop first!" Before Todoroki could reply, Ochako dragged Midoriya and Iida along with her.

I came out from a corner a minute later, pretending I had just finished my business in the toilet. "Let's go then," I said.

Todoroki hummed "Hmm," and said nothing else. Even though we walked side by side, the tiny distance between us felt cold and distant. I did not know what to talk about, but his cold aloof personality irked me.

"What's wrong?" I stopped walking and asked him, holding back my anger. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Todoroki looked away. "I did not."

"That was the first sentence you've spoke to me in days."

He remained silent. It irked me even more.

"Was it because of what happened in your room? I thought we agreed to pretend nothing happened," I said.

Todoroki clicked his tongue with displeasure. "Easy for you to say."