02 | Satan

Our homeroom teacher was an exhausted guy with scruffy long hair and a mean glare. His name was Aizawa Shouta. On the very first day, he set up a physical test for us to expel the weakest student in class.

...Or so as I thought. In the end, Aizawa-sensei told us it was just some ruse to motivate us. No one was expelled in the end. I got no.10 in the physical test, which was not very satisfying despite my quirk.

"You're... you're amazing!"

I turned around. It was a petite brunette, with a round face and pink cheeks. "Umm... thanks, err..."

"Oh, sorry. I'm Uraraka Ochako. Nice to meet you," she said with a smile. Her eyes glittered with joy.

I remembered her. She threw an infinity homerun with her zero-gravity quirk. "I'm Takasaki Eria. You can just call me Eria."

"Takasaki-kun, nice to meet you too!" another voice interrupted. He was one of the fastest runners in class. I recognized him with the engines in his calves. "I apologize for interrupting. My name is Iida Tenya. Takasaki-kun, your quirk seems interesting. I see you can speed up when you used your quirk. How fast can you go? I would like to compete with you!"

"Hold... hold on..." I was taken aback.

"Iida-kun, Uraraka-san!" A green-haired boy came running towards us. He faltered slightly when he saw me.

He was the boy who came in last huh? What was his quirk again? I couldn't get it.

"Hi there. I'm Midoriya Izuku."

"Takasaki Eria. Just call me Eria."

"Y-your quirk is amazing!" Suddenly, Midoriya turned into super fanboy mode. Excitement was drawn all over his face. "You had such speed and strength and... and..."

"Whoa slow down," I said.

"Sorry. I always get too excited watching other people's quirk," he said sheepishly.

Obviously.

"You guys aren't afraid that I look like demon when I used my quirk?" I asked. They looked at me surprised.

"Not really... I think it's cool..." Uraraka said sheepishly. "It looks so powerful."

"Of course not! I would like to learn how fast you can go!" said Iida excitedly.

Midoriya nodded in agreement. "Can I... know more of your quirk? We can talk it over lunch... if you want... but if you don't like it it's fine."

"No problem." I nodded. It sure felt nice to meet new friends.

The corner of my eye spotted the conspicuous boy who stood out with his red-and-white hair. He walked away silently; his figure screamed solitary.

I still haven't got to know his name yet, though.

**

Normal school curriculum started the next day. English class was taught by Present Mic, whose deafening voice often boomed in class. Lunch was delicious, thanks to Lunch Hero, Lunch Rush. It was the best school meal ever. I sat with my new friends, Iida, Midoriya and Uraraka.

"Lunch Rush is so awesome!" Midoriya entered his super fanboy mode.

I looked around the huge cafeteria. It was jam-packed with students from Hero, Support and Management Course. There were so many choices of food. All of them looked so delicious.

Even within such a huge crowd in the cafeteria, I was able to spot the same boy again. Probably because of his conspicuous hair. He sat alone by a table, eating his noodles quietly.