Future AU oneshot | More than friends, less than lovers

"That was a close one!" Ashido Mina sprawled on the ground as her legs gave in after the tedious fight against a trio of feisty villains. She had melted every sharp projectile thrown at her with her acidic shield, covering the citizens to allow her fellow colleagues to do the work.

"But we did it anyway!" Uraraka Ochako pumped her fists in the air excitedly, tasting victory for the umpteenth time ever since her hero career started a few years back. "Even though Todoroki did most of the work!"

Todoroki Shouto wiped sweat off his forehead with his sleeve. "This is a teamwork effort. We should share the glory together. Thank you." He smiled, and the onlooking crowds started to cheer, especially fangirls whose penetrating shrieks resounded in the air.

"Those fangirls are sure crazy," Taping Hero, Cellophane, or Sero Hanta rolled his eyes at the perpetual screaming of the fangirls as he dragged the villains that were bound by his tape and levitated by Uraraka's quirk. "I wish I am that handsome."

His ex-classmates shook their heads in denial, and he sighed exasperatedly.

"Do plastic surgery. It surely works," Red Riot, Kirishima Eijirou smirked. He waved at a few children who were jumping gleefully at the sight of their beloved heroes.

Todoroki smiled. It took him a long time and a long lecture from his friends to tell him that he was handsome and people liked handsome men, thus explaining his popularity among the people. He finally came to terms with his popularity, but he didn't like how fangirls were 'heads over heels' for him.

"By the way~" Ashido chirped in a singsong manner. A mischievous grin spread across her face. "I heard the gossip of you moving into a new place, Todoroki~"

"How come I didn't hear anything like that?" Sero broke in an outburst as he handed the battered villains to the police. "I thought we're friends! Invite me to your new abode!"

"You're outdated. It's all over the news. Pro Hero Shouto moving into a new apartment...... with a mysterious woman."

Sero choked, coughing violently as if something horrid was stuck in his throat. Uraraka covered her mouth, holding in a laughter that threatened to explode like a dam. From the curious emotion on her face, she seemed to know more about the 'mysterious woman' than anyone else in the Internet or probably the whole world. It was a secret she was trying hard to keep, but the curious looks on her friends only left her overwhelmed with laughter.

Todoroki sighed a little and frowned hard at Ashido's phone, which was showing the gossip news of his moving. In the photo, his telltale hair stood out in the darkness as he moved luggage from a car into the condominium, while beside him a barely recognizable person helped him out, whom the media assumed to be a woman judging by his/ her height and body size. Todoroki hated the media who continued to stalk him because everything of him was 'tantalising' news to the world. He regretted letting the media know any bits of his private life, and often condemned them whenever they tried to pry any small details from him during interviews.

"Who is she? Are you dating? Is she someone we know?" his friends skewered Todoroki with questions, and he tried hard not to freeze them and make a run for it. His closest friend, Uraraka Ochako knew everything but she was not helping him out. Instead she watched on with amusement as if his torture was her joy.

Todoroki sighed. "It was everyone else. Iida, Midoriya, Uraraka, Takasaki...... they were helping me to move into the apartment. And I think the so-called 'woman' in the photo was Midoriya, judging from the statute," he replied calmly.

However, Midoriya shared the same height with someone else. Yet Todoroki didn't divulge that particular information so as to not 'misdirect' his friends to that certain someone.