29 | Pretend

Ochako

Today was the day Class 1-A moved into the school dormitory. Everyone gathered in front of the newly erected Class 1-A dormitory which was lined with the other classes' dormitory. Among the buzzing excitement, Uraraka Ochako desperately scanned her classmates looking for someone, but she was not here.

Ochako clenched her fists. Her best friend really left for Shiketsu.

Ochako was not the only one looking for Eria. Todoroki Shouto was also discreetly looking around, hoping to find his best friend's familiar presence, but to no avail.

"Did she say anything before she left?" Deku asked Ochako with a sad look on his face.

Ochako shook her head. "She didn't reply my messages since yesterday. I guess she was busy packing her stuff."

"I thought she said she was still persuading her parents. Looks like the outcome was unfavourable," added Iida, who slightly shook his head. "I pray for her success in Shiketsu. I believe we will meet again soon."

The trio sighed.

"I went to her house nearly every day," Todoroki abruptly spoke in a gloomy tone.

Wait, what? Ochako tried to hide the disbelief on her face.

"......and tried to persuade her parents, but she won't let me. Her brother taught me a great idea. He said I just have to tell her parents that I promise to take good care of her for the rest of my life, to cherish her, to care for her..." Todoroki continued.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S A PROPOSAL! WHAT IN BLAZES IS ERIA'S BROTHER TEACHING HIM?!

"But Takasaki just turned red and angry and swore to murder her brother. And she warned me to never say that, ever," said Todoroki. "If only I said it......"

"It might work," Deku tapped his chin, contemplating on the possibility.

"You should have been more aggressive, Todoroki. If you can't talk to Takasaki's parents in person, calling is a good option too," Iida added.

As the three boys agreed with each other, Ochako wondered how dense they were.

Suddenly, a chill tingled in Ochako's spine. She shivered as she felt a murderous gaze upon her. It was Bakugou, who had been glaring at her and her friends for some time now.

What does he want? Ochako tried not to stare. However, she could feel that Bakugou's gaze was sad instead of anger. ......So he knows too.

Aizawa-sensei arrived to the scene and briefly explained the dormitory system to the class. In the end, he also reprimanded almost everyone in class for their rash behaviours in Bakugou and Eria's rescue mission.

"If not for All Might's retirement, you would all be expelled," Aizawa-sensei said harshly and the class lowered their heads in resentment. "Now, get inside and unpack your stuff."

Ochako turned to the entrance of the dormitory compound, wishing for a miracle. But no one was coming.

"Eria, I really hope you're here," Ochako muttered as her heart tightened in her chest.

"I am here."

Ochako whipped her head around. Takasaki Eria was miraculously standing next to her, as if her prayers were answered.

Mixed feelings of joy and disbelief bubbled up in Ochako's chest and she felt like crying. "E-e-eria?"

Surprised looks appeared on Iida and Deku's faces. "Takasaki?! Why are you here?"