05 | After the villain attack

Eria

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by sharp smells of antiseptic.

"Ahh, you're awake, girl," said a raspy voice. Recovery Girl sat on her chair beside my bed. "How you feelin'?"

"What am I doing here?" My voice croaked. Energy was completely sapped from my body.

"You fainted from overusing your quirk. Remember the attack at USJ? You were knocked out for a few hours."

Attack on USJ.

My memories were a little fuzzy but it all came back to me that instant. "I-is everyone alright?"

"Everyone's fine. Though, Thirteen, Aizawa, All Might and Midoriya that boy need to be temporarily hospitalised. Thank god the teachers arrived just in time. Kicked all those nasty villains' butts."

"W-what about Bakugou?"

"Huh? He's perfectly fine. No worries." Recovery Girl moved her chair closer to me. "Young lady, did you know what you just did?"

"......I fainted?"

She sighed. "You don't remember, do you? According to eye witnesses, it seemed you've awakened a stronger part of your quirk and saved that boy."

I still couldn't remember much. However, I did recall a new power surging through me that time.

"It would be nice to say your quirk saved people, but you seemed to have lost control over it. Lost all human sense. You've became like a real demon."

Real demon?!

Recovery Girl touched a tuft of my hair on my right. "See?" That tuft of hair was white instead of dark purple. "I suggest that until you truly learn how to control your quirk, never use it. Ever."

"I don't... I don't even know what happened or how it happened or..." I flustered. Honestly, it scared me. "W-will I become a demon and not able to turn back in a human?"

She touched her chin. "I don't know. You have to figure it out yourself." She patted my shoulder. "But fret not. Just believe in yourself and you'll be fine."

Believe in myself that I can control this weird shit quirk of mine that I have not discovered for 15 years?!

"I thought I knew everything about my quirk..." I muttered to myself.

"If you can walk now, you should go home. Don't let your parents worry. The attack is probably on the news now," said Recovery Girl as she dismissed me. I thanked her for her care and slowly walked out of the medical bay.

"This should give me some time to think about my quirk's true nature..." I muttered.

"Oi, demon girl."

I turned around. Bakugou stood behind me. His blood red eyes glared at me.

"Porcupine head," I blurted. He looked irked. "What are you doing here?"

He glared at me silently. "What are you doing?"

I blinked. "Going home?"

He scoffed. "You're deemed fit to go home now?"

"Err... yeah? Stop interrogating me? It's creepy."

"HUH?!"

We stared at each other silently for a few moments. "Anyway, I should go back now. My parents are worried sick I think."

He continued to glare. "For the record, I didn't need you saving me."

What. The. Fuck?!