07 | Lucifer

Eria

It was a sunny Thurday afternoon. Class has ended early today so I headed to the public library. Midoriya was dragged off by All Might to who knows where while Todoroki was no where to be seen.

I sighed as I looked at the endless row of shelves in the public library. "Mysterious Quirks, Fantastic Quirks and Where to Find them, All About Quirks...... Well, I've got seven hours till the library closes so might as well start now," I muttered with exasperation. After one book by another, there was nothing about demonic quirks.

My mom, code name: Dark Rose had a similar quirk like mine yet quite different. She had no wings; her horns were permanently stuck to her head and she only possessed super strength and speed. She had complete full control of her quirk and never entered a rampage stage like me.

"Another 5 hours to go..." I moaned. "I can do this. I can......"

When I opened my eyes again, I realized I had fallen asleep on the table. Saliva drooled from my mouth. "Shit!" I screeched. Someone shushed me. "Sorry..." I whispered.

My clock showed 6 in the evening. "Oh my god did I sleep for 3 hours?! Goddamn it Takasaki what is wrong with you?" I cursed myself.

I opened my notebook, hoping there was something inside there that I've missed. I scrolled through page by page, but I found nothing. I was about to close the notebook when I realized something was written on the last page.

It wrote, 'Pro Hero, Lucifer'.

I loved Harry Potter and magical stuff really, but I couldn't believe that my notebook was magical as well.

"Who wrote this?" I wondered. I looked around. There was no one I know. The people around me were reading and minding their own business.

It was awfully suspicious, but it was still a clue. Whoever you are, I am grateful, but I still need to be careful.

I gathered my stuff and headed to the computer section. Google-sensei was my best option for now. There weren't many answers I could get from typing 'Pro Hero Lucifer'. However, one very old news article caught my attention. It was dated nearly 30 years ago.

***

'Pro Hero Lucifer, an angel fallen from grace.

Talented, brilliant, handsome. No words could describe this blooming hero. He was everyone's idol. He was one of the best heroes in Japan. He bore the quirk, Demon, that allowed him to possess super strength, speed and high intelligence. He looked like a demon, fought like one, yet he behaved like an angel-saving countless lives.

Lucifer was a name of an enchanted angel. Everyone thought he could bring honour to this name. But, it was cursed. A cursed name of a fallen angel into the paths of demon.

On an unfortunate night, his family was slaughtered by a mob of villains. It changed him completely. From then on, like his name, the angel has fallen from grace and turned into a demon.

He lost control. He let his inner demon took over. He allowed his quirk to turn him into a real demon. On the very same night, he massacred 29 villains from the same mob.

When the police arrived, he was no longer the Lucifer people loved. Blinded by blood lust, he went on a rampage and killed 12 policemen and heroes, injuring another 24 more who tried to stop him.

At one moment, he abruptly snapped back into reality and was devastated by the horrors he had committed. He screamed until his lungs couldn't breathe. He cried in despair as he tried to wash the blood from his hands. But what was done was done. Out of guilt, he slit his own throat with his demonic claws and he bled to death.'