46 | I want to be......

Eria

As the beautiful, golden autumn foliage was slowly replaced by a cold, snowy scenery, the strenuous school semester continued at U.A. High School. Physical trainings had become much difficult than before, as honing the students' skills and strength was the utmost priority of the school and the hero society to produce powerful heroes against the increasingly tough villains.

I tried hard not to let the stress overwhelm me as I pushed myself beyond my physical limits, forcing my hidden quirk activation to the maximum. My ironclad determination seemed to be effective: I was able to increase the period of using my quirk from 30 minutes to 40 minutes per activation. However......

"Are you sure you're not pushing yourself too much again?" Todoroki said, scowling slightly as he carried me on his back. We were returning to the dormitory after the physical training of the day.

"Sorry to trouble you. Don't get mad," I said, pouting and patted his soft hair. Even though he was drenched in sweat, a faint minty scent of his shampoo still wafted into my nostrils.

"I'm not mad that you're troubling me. I'm just irritated that you are forcing yourself again," he replied in a gentler tone.

I paused slightly. "I didn't really force myself though. I used my quirk just like what Aizawa-sensei said. I activated it for only 40 minutes today."

"Then why can't you even walk home?"

That question bewildered me. "Ermm......" I was rudely interrupted by a loud grumbling in my stomach. My face instantly blushed from embarrassment. "I ate a super heavy lunch today but I'm still hungry..." I yawned as drowsiness invaded my consciousness. "I'm so sleepy too......" Todoroki's warm back was lulling me into a sleep.

Todoroki gave a long sigh and continued to carry me back to the dormitory as I drifted in and out of a nice nap. Along the way, I thought I heard Ashido's sharp chuckle and Bakugou's angry roar, but I was enjoying the nap too much to open my eyes. By the time I woke up, it was already late at night. I was lying on my bed in my room. The familiarity of my room was lulling me into a long sleep once more but Ochako's voice snapped me out of it.

"Don't fall asleep yet," Ochako demanded strictly, like a mother. "I've got you some dinner. I hope this is enough though. You have been having a huge appetite lately."

The delicious scent that wafted in my room was just enough to make me stay awake. Groggily I staggered to the table and my eyes sparkled with joy at the large servings of tonkatsu, udon and chocolate cake. I gulfed down my dinner in less than twenty minutes while Ochako watched me. The tonkatsu was juicy on the inside, the udon was fulfilling and the cake was sweet and moist. At least, there was something that filled the bottomless void in my stomach, but I feared that I would be looking for food again a few hours later.

Ochako's sweet smile slowly transformed into a scowl as she watched me. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Are you going through a serious case of puberty? Why can't you stop eating that much?" She poked my stomach. "Where did all the food you ate go to?"

I wondered the same question too. Anyhow, I sincerely hoped the excess fat goes to my boobs and not my stomach.

"Do you think something is wrong with my metabolism?" I asked Ochako. "I have been sleeping and eating a lot lately."

She shrugged. "When did it start?"

I racked my brains, trying to get an accurate date of the weird phenomena that was happening to my body. When I finally remembered, my blood ran cold a little.

"It was after I was drugged by the villains," I murmured. My hands clenched into fists, as if to prevent them from trembling. "At first, I didn't mind. But it was worsening lately."