56 | Christmas

Eria

Scarlet Autumna was gorgeous as she always was - her long, lustrous red hair, her flawless face, her big warm, dark brown eyes...... but there was an air of gloominess that enfolded her, as if she was here to bring sad news.

Todoroki and I took our seat by the sofa. Although I was anxious of what going to happen, I was glad to have let him followed me because his presence calmed me.

"I heard that you saved my life. Thank you, Scarlet," I said, but Scarlet barely lit up a smile. Her facial features were downturned, as if she didn't deserve my praise.

"You shouldn't thank me. None of this would have ever happened if...... if it wasn't for...... my sister."

I clenched my fists. Goosebumps popped up across my arms and my body trembled.

"W-what are you talking about?" my voice croaked as I spoke.

"My sister was the one who planned your abduction. I'm sorry. If I have known it earlier, I could stop her and prevent you from......"

"I don't understand...... why... your sister... you have a sister? Why did she... why?" I sounded calm, but my body was still trembling. Todoroki touched my arm, but it wasn't enough to stop the trembling that racked my body.

"She's......she's my twin sister. I'm not sure why she tried to abduct you. I tried to get in touch with her for many times but she refused my contact. She was rather extreme in certain things...... since we didn't particularly have a good childhood to begin with. We went different ways when we grew up, and only by recently I knew she was in the country...... I didn't know what she was up to until I found out she was the one behind your abduction and attacks. I'm so sorry for what she has caused you."

"Where is she now?" Aizawa-sensei asked.

"She escaped when I arrived."

"Are the authorities still searching for her?" Todoroki asked.

"Yes. She has another accomplice it seems, but the police are still investigating. We couldn't get much information from the illusionist, Mugen though. Her lips are sealed tight," Aizawa-sensei replied.

"I'm so sorry Eria. I didn't know my sister's accomplices infiltrated my lab and...... Mugen had been such a hardworking and loyal worker for years and Wagatsuma was......" Scarlet's eyes were brimming with moisture, glinting with sincerity, but I was scared. I was scared to trust in people, even though I had known her for years. I remained silent throughout the discussion.

"The only clues we obtained from the lair was that someone had been put in hibernation in a large cylinder in that place. The DNA of the person is still under verification......"

"How are you going to guarantee she would be safe from now on?"

"The school is putting every effort to keep her safe within the campus......"

"The police and the Pro Heroes are doing their best to find the villain......"

My eyes started to lose focus. I couldn't hear anything anymore. The room around me spun and spun like a merry-go-round. The contents in my stomach churned and threatened to pour from my throat.

"Sorry, I can't... I have to leave..." I mumbled, standing up and sprinting away from the room before anybody could stop me. I ran in the cold night air outside, the bone-chilling temperature was unable to calm the raging fire within me. Was I angry? Was I scared? I couldn't tell. All I knew I was too exhausted to care. And all I wanted was to just close my eyes and open them again, hoping to find what had happened was just a bad nightmare.