23 | I-Island

Eria

After packing my necessities for a 3-day-2-nights trip, I left for Haneda airport with Todoroki early in the morning.

It was not my first trip going overseas so I knew what to do prior boarding a plane. Todoroki had never left Japan for his entire life due to his upbringing so he followed my instructions all the way, skewing me with loads of questions. His eyes gleamed of anticipation as he marveled at the large airport and its facilities. Whenever I caught him admiring the place like a little kid, I couldn't help but smile.

"Stop staring at me. I've just never seen these before," Todoroki exclaimed as pink dusted his cheeks.

How adorable.

Todoroki said I didn't need to pay for any expenses because he swiped them with his father's card, since Endeavour was still trying to impress his son.

On the plane, I scrolled through the in-flight movies while Todoroki fiddled with the touch-screen monitor. Every time he found something new, he would form a tiny 'wow' with his mouth. I refrained from chuckling at him.

Lunch on board was served with the choice of fried soba with chicken or gyudon (Japanese beef bowl). Todoroki was deeply saddened by the lack of cold soba.

"Next time, I'll ask them serve cold soba," he vowed, eating his fried soba meal with gritted teeth.

"Yeah when you're rich and famous and sit in First Class,' I retorted.

Lunch made me drowsy so I fell asleep for the rest of the trip. When I woke up, the plane was about to land and my head was on Todoroki's shoulder.

That was a very useful wake-up call as I quickly straightened myself and tried to hide my blushing face.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I muttered.

"You seemed peaceful. I didn't want to wake you. And I got drowsy too."

My face was still burning and I quickly looked out of the plane's window only to be awed by the magnificent scene below. The gigantic and perfectly circular island floated on the clear blue sea. It was the embodiment of advanced science and technology.

After we landed, a robot took us to our hotel. It was two bus stops from the airport. Along the way, I could hardly contain my gleefulness as I peered at things that I had never seen before, which was literally everything in this artificial island. From its tall skyscrapers to its fully automatic robots and transportations, everything screamed magnificence.

Our hotel was 20 stories tall, which was a good place to catch the view of the island from above. Inside, it was grand and luxurious, with large sparkling chandelier hanging from the ceiling and the decorations gleamed gold.

"How may I help you?" asked the concierge.

I nudged Todoroki, who fished out the reservation receipt from his bag.

"Ah. I forgot to tell you. We're staying in the same room," said Todoroki bluntly.

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Sleeping with him in the same room was already making me jittery. All sorts of ridiculous imaginations pervaded my mind. But the most important question was—

"Is it a twin bed or a double?!"

Todoroki paused to regurgitate my question. "......there's a difference?"

TODOROKI!

"There's a difference. If it is a double, my mom will kill me and my father will kill you. If it's a twin, we'll live."