59 | His birthday

Eria

New Year was just a week ago, but it felt like ages, thanks to the harsh and tiring Work-Studies I had experienced. School resumed as normal, but me and Todoroki, Midoriya and Bakugou still need to check in at Endeavour's weekly.

The first day of school ended rather smoothly, with an insane increase of homework and training to prepare us for the next school year. Finals were looming close, and with the pressure of improving my quirk piling on me too, I was glad that I could still breathe.

"I need a hug......" I muttered nonchalantly, missing my mother's warm hug which comforted me whenever I was stressed.

"Okay," Todoroki abruptly replied and stood up from his seat.

Midoriya and Iida gaped, their faces blushing like tomatoes. Ochako was holding her breath, not from embarrassment, but rather of laughter. Todoroki was looking at me expectantly, and I was rather tempted to say yes.

"What, no! I meant my mother!" I retorted, screeching in a high pitch voice, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Oh. Sorry," Todoroki said, sounded a little disappointed. He sat back down on his chair, still unaware of the complications he had just made with his move.

HE IS TOO PURE!

"Are you all okay?" he asked, looking at Midoriya and Iida.

"H-h-how b-b-brave you are to do... do that......" Midoriya stuttered.

"You mean giving a hug?"

"Yes! W-well......"

"Takasaki asks for it a lot, and it feels nice."

"ARE YOU TWO DATING?" Iida roared in an outburst, drawing attention as heads turned in our direction.

"Why would you assume we are dating because of a hug? Friends do that a lot, right?" Todoroki asked very logically.

I wanted to say something, but the redness in my cheeks was driving me nuts.

Iida scrunched his eyebrows. "Ah I see. A friendly, platonic hug. Then that is understandable."

Ochako was out of breath - laughing from the dorkiness and pureness of her friends. I had given up on explaining anything.

"How many times had you been friendzoned again?" she whispered to me.

"Shut. Up," I hissed. I looked at my phone and saw the date, then a realization hit me like a train.

Two more days and it would be January 11 - Todoroki's birthday.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath. I dragged Ochako to a side, and told her.

"So...... what are you planning to do?" she asked, with a smirk.

"I don't know. After all he has went through for my birthday, I should at least do something nice for him -"

"Like a date."

"-yes, like a date- NO! We can't go on a date!"

"Why not? He took you once. It's to repay him as a favour."

"I'm not going to do that! It's embarrassing enough......" I blushed furiously, thinking of going on a second date with Todoroki. "I'm gonna make something for him or... we can have a party or something...."

"Oh no. I don't think we can do it. I think most of us wouldn't be around. I'll be away this weekend for Work-Studies," she replied.

If I want to have a party for Todoroki, the whole class had to be there. So I went around, asking how many of my classmates would be around for the weekend, as January 11 falls on a Saturday. My worries came true. All of them were occupied with their Work Studies and wouldn't be around.