Chapter 31

The cold breeze developed a calming effect on Hanako as she took a deep breath. The Senju brothers had brought her to the top of a hill, right next to a high cliff. From there, the view reminded her of the same landscape of Konoha from the top of the Hokage Mountain. Nostalgia invaded her senses as an image of her homeland appeared in her mind.

"Isn't the view amazing up here?" Hashirama Senju stood beside her with a bright smile on his face as he enjoyed the sight. "This is the place where I want to build a haven where everyone can live in peace," he said. "I've thought it through countless times, and I've come to the conclusion that the only way to do this is by joining forces with the Uchiha Clan and stop this endless war."

The man beside her spoke with confidence and laughed by himself as he wondered about the future. "I can't decipher the look on your face, but I can tell the view is giving you mixed feelings." With wide eyes, Hanako turned to the Senju. "Regardless, now that we are here, I wanted to ask for a favor."

She wondered what could this man want from her, but whatever it was she'd have to do it. After all, both Senju brothers had been kind to her and Amane. If it weren't for them, their escapade wouldn't have gone as swift. "I want you to talk to Madara about this. Try to make him understand that, no matter what happened between our clans in the past, we can stop this conflict if we unite."

"Why do you think I can make him change his mind about this war?" Hanako asked. Hashirama only smiled.

"I have a feeling you might know something we don't."

She was speechless. How did he know? Did he suspect something about her?

"Anyway," Tobirama joined their conversation with a narrow look towards the girl. "Why did you want to come to a high place?"

Hanako remembered her plan to take back the girls to the Uchiha territory and nodded. "Right. I was practicing a technique before all this happened. I believe this is the best place to complete it."

That piqued his interest. "Technique?"

"A summoning."

"Did Madara teach you to summon falcons?" Hashirama gave her an expectant gaze. "They're not easy to tame."

Remembering how Tachimaru looked at her the first time she met him, Hanako shivered. "Tell me about it." Shaking her head, she sighed. "Well, then." She formed hand seals under the expectant gazes of the brothers and molded her chakra. "Summoning Technique!"

After placing her hand on the ground, a cloud of smoke surrounded her. In awe, Hanako waited for the cloud to disperse, but the excitement dispelled when she came across a sparrow looking back at her curiously.

A scoff behind her made her bite her lip in embarrassment. She managed a glare at the tanned man behind her. He was covering his mouth to muffle the noises of his laughter. It was Tobirama who actually gave her advice: "You're using too little chakra for the caliber of the summoning you want. Try molding more, possibly everything to summon the creature you made a contract with."

With a sigh, Hanako made the seals again. Mold everything, huh? The sparrow disappeared into a cloud of smoke and in its place stood a raven. It cawed.

With a growl, Hanako reversed the summoning and the raven disappeared. "This is impossible."

Tobirama smiled slightly. "I think whatever bird you signed your contract with is messing with you."

The Uchiha let herself fall into the ground, making a huffing sound once her back hit the ground. "It's playing hard to get?"

"Pretty much, the first summoning is always hard. It's the time you get to know it, and get it to listen to you. Maybe, it doesn't want to be bothered by a stranger."