Chapter 11

Hanako held Madara's gaze as he continued to analyze her. "No?" he asked again. "Well, then... I guess I can trust you."

She took a deep breath. She had no idea of what to expect from a man like Madara Uchiha. He could be planning anything, from killing her to kidnapping her at that very moment and hide her in an empty corner where no one would find her. "What do you mean by that?"

Madara chuckled. His dark voice resonated in the walls as a low frequency echo. "What I mean is: I can finally tell you the whole truth."

That caught her off guard. "Whole truth?"

Madara started to slowly approach her. There was something grim about the way he walked. "I have to admit, I didn't tell you everything the day I told you about my plan." Hanako frowned.

"You lied to me?"

Madara smirked. "No. I did not lie. I told you a half-truth, which doesn't really count as lying."

Hanako smiled. "I don't really see a difference there, Gramps."

"You think you made a mistake." Madara stated, which took Hanako by surprise. "You regret ever asking me train you, because somewhere deep inside you, you feel as if you're making a deal with the Devil."

Hanako looked away from him, pressing her lips into a thin line. Could she make it anymore obvious that she felt uncomfortable with him?

"You think I'm the villain?" Madara asked, truly concerned in her answer.

"I feel uneasy," Hanako spoke. "I feel like someone is trying to kill me, and is putting images in my head to make me weak."

Madara frowned at this. "What are you talking about?"

Hanako took a deep breath. "I keep having this nightmare, about the whole clan getting wiped out in a single night." She looked at him. "Does this have anything to do with you?"

Madara sighed. "So you're finally having omens?"

Hanako tilted her head in curiosity. "Omens?"

"Amane used to have them too." He explained. "Your dreams are like visions of a possible future. No one is planning to kill you specifically, but someone is planning to wipe out the Uchiha."

Hanako gave Madara an incredulous look. "What? Who would do that?"

Madara chuckled. "A lot of people actually. The Uchiha have never been exactly loved by everyone in Konoha. I believe there are people who still want us gone."

Hanako had a lack of air. Madara noticed this and approached her. He put a hand on the top of her head and smiled.

"If you want to be at peace of mind, tell the leader of the Clan about those dreams. And let him handle the rest. A kid like you shouldn't be worrying about politics." Hanako looked up at him, and felt a little calmer at the look he was giving her. It was, for once, reassuring. She smiled and nodded.

At the moment Hanako stared into Madara's eyes, she was dragged into a white world. She felt lost for a minute, and even more when she looked at Madara. He was ages younger than he originally was. There wasn't a single crease on his face, and his hair was pure black with no tint of gray or white in it.

"What is this place?" she asked. Madara chuckled again, this time his voice was a little warmer.

"This is my own personal world. In here, I can be whatever I want, with whomever I want, wherever I want and do what I want." He said with a big smile in his face. "So, how about I give you a History lesson?"

Hanako looked at him strangely, the surrounding passage changed into a river. Its water didn't seem to be deep. Hanako could hear the water flowing, and smiled. She could even feel the grass underneath her feet. She leaned down and moved her fingers across the earth. "It feels so real," she muttered.