Chapter 18

"Has no one found a single trace of that damn kid?!" Ibiki roared to his subordinates in his office. He had gathered the best tracking team he had among his own Anbu, but none of them had managed to report back to him about Hanako Uchiha.

She had gone missing two days before, and they still had no clue about her whereabouts. According to Kakashi, not even her own family knew where she was.

Ibiki sighed tiredly.

"We will continue looking for her, Ibiki-sensei," one of the Anbu tried to make up to him but Ibiki shushed him with a glare.

"Just get out."

Without another word, the Anbu left Ibiki alone in his office. The professional in torture and interrogation let himself fall over the chair and leaned back with a loud sigh. "That damned kid, right when I found something new about the stone..."

A soft knock called Ibiki's attention. Kakashi Hatake was standing at the door, with his dog mask covering his face.

"Kakashi," Ibiki acknowledged his presence, sitting straight.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah," Ibiki found some documents and read them thoroughly. "I know you've been tasked by the Hokage to watch over the kid. You must be as worried about her disappearance." Kakashi listened carefully. "I think we should join forces to look for her. If you know something, please tell me."

Kakashi nodded, sticking to the promise he had made to Hikari. "All right, I'll let you know if I find something."

Ibiki stared at him for a long minute before closing his eyes. "There's another favor I need to ask. Can you please search the video recording of the past week of the Uchiha Compound? Just to make sure there's no irregular activity."

Kakashi narrowed his eyes behind the mask. "Of course."

"Thanks, Kakashi."

With a last nod, Kakashi left Ibiki's office.

Back in his department, Kakashi looked for a certain young Uchiha. When his eyes found the small kid, he approached him. "We have a new assignment."

Itachi looked at him with curious eyes. "What about?"

Kakashi's eyes softened slightly, and with a smile he said, "You'll see when we get there."

* * *

Hanako, Madara and Amane had left Riza's store and where now travelling back to the Uchiha Compound. Hanako kept staring at the metal bracelet around her wrist. Neither Amane nor Madara asked anything about it, but they both kept casting occasional glances at it. The girl was still amazed at the fine details in the carving of the flames. They were definitely made by an artist.

Amane sighed and looked at Madara with tired eyes. "Did we just waste an entire day so that you could pick up a stupid fan?"

Madara was walking calmly with his eyes closed. After Amane spoke, he simply grunted. "You wouldn't understand. This isn't a stupid fan."

She rolled her eyes. "It doesn't even look that special to me."

"But it is," Hanako butted in, looking at Madara's fan. "Riza mentioned that it was a symbol for the Uchiha clansmen. It meant power and influence, and could only be wielded by the head of the Uchiha."

Madara smirked. "Even the little girl is better informed than you. You should be ashamed of yourself, Amane."

"My name is not 'little girl'." Hanako huffed with a glare.