Chapter 1 - Itachi's Anbu Enrollment

Hanako and Kakashi were sent on a mission to retrieve an unknown stone object in the nearest border with Iwagakure. They only knew it was stolen by a group of rogue ninja.

"Have you found anything?" Kakashi stood over a tall tree, looking down at her through his Anbu mask.

"No, I can't feel any chakra either," she replied, taking off her mask to breathe the forest night air.

Kakashi appeared right next to her, giving her a stern look. "You're not supposed to take off your mask while on duty."

Hanako laughed. "Any other 'newbie rules' I'm supposed to follow?" She smirked at him. Wind blew softly, swaying her long brown hair, tied up into a high ponytail.

Kakashi took off his mask and raised an eyebrow. "Why don't we take a break?"

"Thanks, cap." Hanako didn't let her smirk drop and instead grinned wider. "Hey... I heard you were in charge of Team Ro."

"I am."

Hanako leaned back against a tree. "So, why are you always working on missions with me? Why aren't you with your team?"

Kakashi looked at her. "That's because I was ordered to tutor you." His eyes moved to the sky. "But it doesn't seem like you needed me."

Hanako huffed. "I told you I was amazing."

Kakashi looked back at her. "It seems like Ibiki was right to choose you. Though, I'm sorry someone so young joined the Anbu."

Curiosity downed on her. "How old were you when you were appointed into the Anbu?"

Kakashi shrugged. "Around thirteen. It was a little after I became a Jounin."

"You were a Jounin at thirteen?" Hanako's eyes were wide.

Kakashi raised an eyebrow. "You became an Anbu at eleven. I appreciate your modesty, but you shouldn't be surprised. I'm still your superior."

Hanako laughed. "You're really incredible, Kakashi Hatake." Her eyes fell on his red eye, staring right back at her. "Especially since I never thought there was someone outside the Uchiha who could use the Sharingan as swiftly as you."

Kakashi didn't say anything, but suddenly looked over his shoulder. "They're here."

Hanako nodded. "Four. Three o'clock."

Kakashi nodded and they put their Anbu masks back on.

Four shinobi were travelling fast in their direction. Hanako and Kakashi rapidly hid in the tree tops and watched them as they approached. One of them seemed to have sensed their presence and forced the rest of his team to stop. "Wait! I think someone followed us."

The four men looked at their surroundings, trying to find anyone who might have discovered them. Hanako looked at them intently. They wore no village protector and their clothes seemed to belong to nowhere in particular. She smiled. They were just simple bandits, running away with some kind of leverage on their side, which seemed to be hidden in the bag one of them was carrying.

Hanako jumped from the tree. Kakashi looked at her closely, waiting for her to do her thing. Hanako was a specialist in information gathering, and of course, that included questioning.

She landed in front of the bandits and looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "You seem to have important cargo. May I know what's in the bag?"

They all stood defensively around the man with the bag, pointing their knives at her. "Nothing that concerns you."