Chapter 32

With Kira on the loose, Hanako could barely relax. Back in their room, within the Uchiha main household, she watched her sister sleep as she thought of ways of defeating their witch of an aunt.

"I still can't believe our mother never told us she had a twin sister..." she muttered under her breath. Though, being honest with herself, Hanako wondered if she would want anyone to know she had a psychopath for a sister.

The door of the room opened and Amane entered with a loud relieved sigh. "Ah, that was the best shower I've had in weeks! Your turn, Hanako."

The girl frowned up at her. "When are we going to check that sighting in the Waterfall country?" She asked.

"Instead of worrying about that, you should worry about finding a way to defeat Kira." Amane turned to her with a calm expression. Her wet hair was disheveled after she attempted to dry it with a towel, but regardless of her appearance she was extremely serious. "Just shower already. You reek."

That comment brought self awareness to Hanako, and she discreetly smelled herself. Cringing visibly she took her towel and hurried out of the room.

Have I been stinking all this time?

An image of Itachi hugging her when they saw each other haunted her mind and she gasped. Oh no... How could I hug him like this?!

She hid her face in her towel, wanting nothing more than to disappear into the wall. "This is so embarrassing..."

"What is?"

Hanako halted when she heard a male voice. Izuna was standing directly in front of her with slightly wet hair and fresh clothes on. Looking away, Hanako tried to walk around him, but she was stopped by his arm across her path. She traced the skin and sleeve up until her eyes met his. He raised his brows. "Are you just going to ignore me?"

"I need to shower." Her voice was barely a whisper.

Izuna leaned closer, making Hanako take a step back. "What is your relationship with Itachi?" he suddenly asked.

Surprised by the interrogation, Hanako met his black eyes again. She wasn't sure what to say. They had been friends since young, but she didn't see Itachi as just a friend. If she were to compare the way she felt around Kazuki and Takeshi, it wasn't the same feeling she held towards Itachi. There was something more. A longing she couldn't quite describe, but the blushing when around him, how his actions made her heart flutter, and the crashing waves of emotions were enough proof of her feelings. Hanako liked Itachi...in a romantic way.

"I don't see why you would care about that."

Izuna checked over his shoulder. Itachi was standing behind him, glaring daggers at him for the way he was standing close to Hanako. Pulling his arm away, Izuna scoffed. "Obviously, I don't." When he looked back at the girl, he realized she was just as stunned as he was. He smirked. "Go and take that shower, Chibi."

Hanako flinched and glared at his retreating back. She lost sight of him when he turned around the corner. "What's gotten into him?"

Itachi looked at her. "Tell me if he bothers you again." Hanako sighed and shook her head.

"He's not always like this. He must be still grieving his father. Izuna really admired him."

"So, you know about what happened in the battlefield?"

Hanako looked at the ground with a sad expression. "Yeah, news travel fast." Looking back at Itachi, she found his attention still on her. She fought the blush reaching her cheeks and cleared her throat. "About that night... I wanted to apologize for saying your dreams were childish..." She looked away in embarrassment. "I think it takes someone brave to have such a big dream."