Chapter 27

The tense air in the battlefield brought Itachi several unpleasant memories. He was four years old when his father first brought him to the battlefield. The strong iron smell of blood leaked into his nostrils and lingered even after he returned home. Staring at the two enemy armies, Itachi feared to be involved in the same environment again. He wanted to get out of there.

Madara Uchiha looked up at the Senju side. He noticed several people missing, and feared they were going to take advantage of the distraction. "Are you her friends?" he asked, grabbing the handle of his gunbai.

Shisui understood Madara was talking about Hanako, and a spark of hope brightened his eyes. "Yes. We want to bring her home."

Madara smiled slightly. "She has nice friends." Without notice, he swung his gunbai, stopping in the air several knives thrown in his direction. "Go to the back. Make sure to stay away from combat."

Shisui and Itachi nodded and hurried past all the Uchiha shinobi. Both clans clashed and began once again their battle.

* * *

Amane pushed herself back by kicking the ground as hard as she could. She evaded most of the falling rocks, but while sending Hanako somewhere else, she missed a stone that hit her arm. Gasping for air, Amane held her arm tight and searched for an exit.

"Why didn't you run with her?" She heard that weird humanoid being speaking to her. The voice was omnipresent, like it didn't have an ethereal form.

"Which one...of us...are you after?" Amane asked between breaths.

"Hm..." Zetsu remained silent for a couple of moments. "Both of you."

Amane felt a slight breeze from behind her and looked around from the tips of her eyes. There was a slight ray of light passing through the mounted rocks. "Both?"

"Your chakra doesn't belong to you. It's mother's. I'm just taking it back."

"Your mother?" Amane was astounded. She took a step back, walking closer to the light. Zetsu jumped in her direction, but Amane used her eyes again and opened a portal to the other side. The less dense the rocks, the less chakra she needed, but still she had already used a large amount to move Hanako. Moving both of them would have been practically impossible.

"If only I had the amount of chakra she does." Amane took a large amount of air into her lungs. "Being half Senju has its advantages I guess..." She coughed furiously. "Damn the dust."

Amane hurried away from the place towards where she felt Hanako's chakra. Zetsu didn't seem like a guy she could defeat normally, so fighting against him was a waste of chakra. She needed to reunite with Hanako as soon as possible to get out of there.

* * *

"Why is Hikari with you?" Hanako looked up at the strange woman. Her bracelet was getting warm against her skin. "How did you bring her here?"

Kira moved out of the shadows, grinning. "Your mother wanted me to bring you back, Hikari just wanted to tag along." From her pouch, she produced a scroll. "We should go back."

Hanako...

Hanako widened her eyes when she heard the Hitsurugi's voice clear in her head.

I don't sense a good intention from that woman. Don't let her come close.

The girl narrowed her eyes. This woman looked almost exactly like her mother, but for some reason she couldn't trust her. "So, if she tagged along, why is she unconscious at your feet?"