Chapter 40

"Let's begin by gathering all the intel we have until now." Tekka suggested once he noticed the tension built between the seniors and junior Uchiha beside them.

"I'll present it to you now." Yashiro Uchiha grinned as he opened a paper presentation. It was filled with countless photographs of the Uchiha District. Hanako's eyes widened slightly, and she looked at her sister beside her. Hikari was sweating heavily but still attended. Her eyes were narrowed as she stared at the photographs. Even though they had kept the cameras a secret, the police men weren't dumb. "This is proof that Konoha cannot be trusted."

Everyone reacted in panic. Their eyes were wide, their mouths open big, and bodies unmoving. All of them were in at least one picture.

"This is horrible." Izumi muttered lightly. "They are watching out for us."

"That's right!" Yashiro clenched his fist. "Why would Anbu security be so tight around us if they weren't conspiring against us? Isn't this proof enough that they're declaring war on us?"

Hanako felt something tight in her throat.

"I think we should do something about this. Since when is the Uchiha clan a group of cowards?" He grinned. "We should show them what we're truly made of."

Fugaku had his eyes closed. He did not show any sign of distress upon the words of the seniors, like he was silently agreeing with them. Hanako clenched her fist. She took a step forward, but someone stepped right in front of her.

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you." The voice was rough.

"Do what exactly?"

"Intervene. They don't have you in their best regards, they will easily turn it against you." Hanako clicked her tongue. There was truth in the stranger's words.

"Who are you?"

"Kagen Uchiha. I'm just a member of strategy in the police corps." Hanako frowned.

Inabi stood in front of Yashiro. People had begun talking among themselves. They were all babbling about their newfound distrust towards Konoha.

"I would also add something new. I bet you have all noticed that our dear missing girl just returned a couple of days ago." Inabi smirked. Everyone turned to look at her. Hanako met his glance and frowned. "I'm glad you're back in one piece, dear half-blood."

"Inabi, no words of hatred." Fugaku narrowed his eyes. Inabi laughed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot she's the daughter of our honorably deceased Yusuke Uchiha, or is she?" His eyes revealed disgust. "Her biological father appeared a few nights ago, asking to allow Hanako as a member of the Senju Clan. I wonder, should we allow her to be part of the Uchiha and the Senju?"

Tekka glared at Inabi. "Hey, that's not something to be discussed at a meeting."

"It is." Inabi was still glaring at Hanako. "Having Uchiha blood mixed with Senju blood is preposterous. I still think of the days when Uchiha were just Uchiha, and not Uchiha mixed with something else."

Fugaku turned to the senior. "Inabi."

"We're growing weak, chief! Our blood is diluted. We cannot compare with the greatness the Uchiha were before the foundation of the Village!" Inabi's eyes shone red. "The greatest Uchiha we ever had, Madara Uchiha, was the only one who saw through the Senju Clan and Konoha. He knew what we were getting into by allowing the formation of the village. No one listened, but now we should." He smiled. "The sad thing is... no one here could even aspire to be what Madara was. We have been tamed into guard dogs, humiliated... Don't you guys think so?"