Chapter 39

Even though Hanako liked dango, this was just not a time she would enjoy them. The man in front of her had just claimed he was her father, and had asked her to join him for a cup of tea.

"I did not accept your invite because I believed you. I was just hungry." Hanako huffed right before the owner of the shop walked towards their table with a huge smile on her face and her note pad in hand.

"It's an honor to have you here, Kenzou-sama. What could I get you?"

Hanako narrowed her eyes at the way the owner acted towards the man. Why did she call him "sama"?

Kenzou smiled. Hanako could feel his eyes on her briefly before turning to the woman. "Can you get me two orders of Hanami Dango, please? Add to that a cup of green tea, and..." after asking for his order, his eyes glanced back to the girl.

"Lemonade."

Closing her notes, the woman smiled. "Coming right up."

Once she had walked back into the kitchen, Hanako's attention was drawn to the man in front of her. "Are you someone important?"

Kenzou grinned. "Is that really the first thing you should be asking me? How about, what's your name? Who are you? Why do you claim you are my father?"

"Sassy." Hanako smirked. "We may be related, but I still refuse to think so."

"You cannot refuse genetics, dear."

With a roll of her eyes, Hanako leaned against her chair. "Okay, fine. Who are you? Why did you claim to be my father?"

Kenzou's stare fell as he mimicked her stance. "I am someone important. My name is Kenzou Senju. I'm currently the leader of the Senju Clan...or what's left of it, anyway."

"Leader?" Speechless, Hanako straightened up in her chair. "You're the leader of Hyori's clan?!"

Kenzou smiled. "Oh, so you know my niece?"

Hanako almost choked. "NIECE?!"

"You're warming up to the idea of being my daughter?"

"DEFINITELY NOT." Hanako stood abruptly. "I don't care if you're my biological father or whatever bullshit you suggest. My dad is Yusuke Uchiha. He's the one who raised me, and no matter what anyone says, he's my dad." Tears brimmed her sockets. "And he's dead. I won't let you or anyone else take his place. You were gone for twelve years, let's just keep it that way."

Hanako walked towards the exit of the shop. The moment she crossed the door, vines emerged from the ground and wrapped around her feet and arms. Surprise and fear consumed the girl as she fought to free herself.

"What the hell man?!" Another customer inside the shop yelled at Kenzou, but he only chuckled.

"Don't worry about it. I'm just educating my daughter a little since she lacks some manners." Even if the vines were holding her painfully tightly, Hanako found enough strength to glare at the man who was still calmly seated inside the store. People around them only stared. They knew who Kenzou Senju was, and what type of man he could be. As much as they admired him for his feats during the Third Ninja War, it was also known he had a temper. Reason why, he was sent to Kumogakure to watch out for the fraction of the Senju Clan that had been mediating any possible peace relations between the two villages. He returned to Konoha upon being appointed as the new clan leader.

When the food arrived, Kenzou placed a bill on the table and looked at the waiter. "Can you pack this to go, please?"

The waiter nodded nervously. "Yes sir."