Chapter 29

Hanako followed Tobirama through the forest as the sun set down. He was carrying Amane on his back, while Hanako was taking her sister. Now and then, the man would sneak glances at her and then stare straight ahead as if solving an existential crisis in his head.

Hanako tried to ignore the constant supervision, but it was starting to become awkward. Suddenly, Tobirama stopped and Hanako looked up to the front only to find a man standing in the middle of the way. He was wearing an armor, with the Senju crest in his neck.

"Ani..." Tobirama narrowed his eyes. "You're back early."

The man was Tobirama's brother. So, this is the First Hokage? Hanako thought to herself as she inspected the man in front of them. Unlike any other, Hanako was amazed at how warm his chakra was. Like a fire in a chimney in the middle of winter.

Hashirama Senju had a grim expression on his face as he looked at his younger brother. "Father's dead," he said. Tobirama took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Who?"

Hanako looked at the man beside her with worried eyes. He wouldn't forget about his deal now that the situation changed, would he? Hashirama seemed to catch onto her expression and shook his head. "It's not important right now, we'll talk later. Let's get back for now."

Hashirama turned around and continued walking. Tobirama was right behind him, but stopped when he realized that Hanako wasn't moving. He looked over his shoulder at the girl and sighed. "I'm not taking my deal away. I'm a man of my word," he said.

"If they're back, wouldn't that mean the Uchiha are back too?" Hanako looked at him with a frown. "We're going to be in trouble when we get back. We weren't supposed to leave the compound."

Hashirama stopped and looked back at them. "The Uchiha also lost their leader."

Hanako widened her eyes. "Tajima-sama is dead?"

"Yes. We both lost our leaders, that's why we stopped the battle early." Hanako looked at the ground. Madara and Izuna must be devastated, more of a reason for going back. "You shouldn't go back for now, wait for a couple of days for Madara to cool down."

"I would take my brother's advice," Tobirama nodded. "The Uchiha are very sensitive, he might be in denial at the moment. He needs time to come to terms with his loss."

Hanako sighed and decided to listen to them. Anyways, she still wanted the medic to check on Hikari and Amane. "We should get going as soon as they wake up."

"Yeah," Tobirama stopped and looked at his brother. "Ani, can you build a small room here for them to stay? I don't think it would be a good thing to take them to the compound, given the situation."

Hashirama nodded and made a seal with his hands. Four walls made of wood appeared from the ground and joined with a roof. He even left small openings for windows and a door. "You can stay here. We'll be back shortly with candles, food, and sheets."

Hanako gave them a small smile as they disappeared through the woods. Hikari was still unconscious, and now Amane seemed to be in a deep sleep. "I'll just wait for them to come back. They shouldn't take long." Her stomach then growled loudly. "I really hope they don't take long."

* * *

In his room, Izuna was putting his stuff away when he found his new soldier pill recipient at least half empty. Underneath it, there was a folded note. With narrowed eyes, he picked up the paper. His glare softened after he started reading it. The note was Hanako's, and she was excusing herself for taking his pills without permission.